squats, deads and midsection for competition

Posted: 25-Jul-2003 01:30 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about squats, deads and midsection for competition within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: first off I have a natural wide medsection. I'm going up for competition next year and have been talking to some BB's. They all have the same oponion on this, and now I would like to hear yours. I need to get my midsection down and they told me nopt to do full squats, but rather squats in the smithmachine and front squats. They also told me n...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 25-Jul-2003, 01:30 AM   #1
United Nations
first off I have a natural wide medsection.

I'm going up for competition next year and have been talking to some BB's. They all have the same oponion on this, and now I would like to hear yours.
I need to get my midsection down and they told me nopt to do full squats, but rather squats in the smithmachine and front squats. They also told me not to do deads but instead rather concentrate on rows and quit doing them up until 6 mounths before a show.

What do you say, are deads and squats affecting midsection that much?
Gallery of MrRTTB  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 25-Jul-2003, 01:41 AM   #2

I say build bigger shoulders. Your mid section is only big in comparison to something.
Gallery of spatts  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 25-Jul-2003, 02:51 AM   #3
United States
I agree with spatts.

If your waist is naturally large, you'll likely have an easier time (and a much better physique) if you build your shoulders as opposed to not squatting and deadlifting.

Might want to try this as well...
http://www.t-mag.com/articles/169ab2.html

Cuthbert
Gallery of Cuthbert