Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squats & Deadlifts Without A Belt- Why Would Your Waist Get Bigger??

Texas Ranger

Fellas, I've seen this comment tossed out there quite a bit, lately. But, I really don't see the logic in it. It seems like your diet would dictate this. Why would a belt prevent your waist from getting bigger while performing Deadlifts and Squats? Any comments???

When you do those without a belt, the muscles in your core grow at an outstanding rate. It's not fat that's being added, but muscle.

I think some size will be gained in the waist, regardless of a belt, if you squat really heavy, but it also depends on the person. I deadlift and squat pretty damn heavy (dead 550 x 5 and squat 455 x 5) and while Ive gained some size around the waist, its not all that much and my waist is still pretty small.

I've got a VERY thick waist. Its exploded in the past few months due to the large number of compound lifts I've been doing (squats, GMs, rack deads etc...).

Mine has been outstandingly the same size for years, and I've never used a belt.

Yeah, I never used a belt either and my waist has grown slightly. I think it's mostly beacuse I have gained alot size. Not because I didn't wear a belt.

Top Bottom