Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

some noobie questions for the SF 5x5...

DZLS

weighted hypers means hyperextensions, right...?

when they say "sit-up", do they mean a sit-up or crunches...?

is there any place to put weighted pullups in on this program...? i thought i saw them in the DF, or somewhere else...?

I plan on doing Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday with my 5x5...

do you reccomend doing incline press or military press on Wednesday...?

any other knowledge you can drop on me would be great...

:fro:

also, would be ok to do front squats on Wednesday or will this screw with my progression...?

Wednesday being a "light day" seems ideal to mix in front squats...

Yeah they're weighted hyperextensions, and you can pretty much do what you want for abs I believe. It doesn't have to be weighted sit-ups. Most people tend to do pull-ups on Light Day so that'd be Thursday for you, and you can do front squats on Light Day instead of light back squats. The majority of the journals I read have the person doing military press/push press rather than incline, but it'd be up to you I'm sure.

What he said.

Crunches are a bit more about isolating the abdominals whereas the goal here is to strengthen the entire core. That said, it's not make or break but if weight is called for don't be doing light high rep crap. Hypers are hyperextensions.

If you want to do pullups, drop the Friday dips and do pullups on the Wednesday workout (middle one). Front squats fit great (as do the olympic lifts) I've removed them since most people don't know what they are doing. Heavy front squats on Wednesday should be fine. Right about the same as lighter backsquats unless there is something very individual going on.

Choose either incline, military or push press on Wed. Doesn't really matter too much as long as the overhead work is done standing with barbell. Push presses are a pretty solid move with a lot of carryover to other upper body power exercises. Whatever it is, just work hard and get better at it.

thanks for the info fellas...

if you guys have any other tips, keep 'em coming...

you say about the overhead work being done standing with barbell...? i'm assuming this is taking the incline press out of that equation... ;)

how much emphasis is taken off the shoulder when doing push presses...? seems like alot of the power is going to come from the legs...

also, with the dips or chins, whichever i decide to substitute, should you ramp the weight on those, or just pick a weight for that week, and go for 3x5 with the same weights...?

i know this is accesory work, so you don't want to overdo it...

DZLS said:
also, with the dips or chins, whichever i decide to substitute, should you ramp the weight on those, or just pick a weight for that week, and go for 3x5 with the same weights...?

i know this is accesory work, so you don't want to overdo it...
Doesn't matter unless you find a particular assistance exercise very taxing and affecting other lifts - then throttle back.

i keep hearing different terms used for the barbell rows...

Madcow, JS, are the 2 main ones i hear...

i do my rows, with my upper body bent at 90 degrees, and overhand grip about shoulder width apart and row the bar up to my upper abdominals...

is this a good form, or is there something better for overall back development and power...?

there is no rep range listed for the weighted hypers... are we going for high or low volume on these... when i've done these in the past, i usually went in the 10-12 rep range...

Top Bottom