Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulders and Arms going numb

Mass Insanity

Plat Hero
Platinum
So every yr when I really start training hard my shoulders and arms go numb when I sleep or set a certain way for to long. This doesn't happen to me unless I'm hitting the gym really hard.. anyone else experiance this... should I go to the doc and have it check out? Just thought I would post this to see if anyone else has had this experiance.. I'm also on.

Same thing happens to me from time to time when I sleep. Especially if I sleep on my side, that shoulder and arm is normally numb.

Ya but that doesn't happen unless Im training really hard or on the sauce... I keep thinking I might be pinching a nerve or some shit.. military press = numb arm for me... dunno though..

Check into thoracic outlet syndrome. As muscle grows it can pinch the nerves and blood vessels that flow down your arm causing shoulder pain that can seem quite a bit like a rotator cuff and numbness that runs from your shoulder, through your elbow, and into the hand. Stretching daily by holding your arm, making a 90 degree angle with your forearm, and with an open palm bracing on a door facing or corner and twisting away from your arm so you pec stretches can help out a ton if this is the problem as it is usually a pretty minor variety among weightlifters and athletes. Within a couple of days, I quit going numb. After a week, I lost almost all symptoms. I would not assume this was the problem had it not been something plaguing me for several months.

Physical Therapy Corner: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome — Portal

Check into thoracic outlet syndrome. As muscle grows it can pinch the nerves and blood vessels that flow down your arm causing shoulder pain that can seem quite a bit like a rotator cuff and numbness that runs from your shoulder, through your elbow, and into the hand. Stretching daily by holding your arm, making a 90 degree angle with your forearm, and with an open palm bracing on a door facing or corner and twisting away from your arm so you pec stretches can help out a ton if this is the problem as it is usually a pretty minor variety among weightlifters and athletes. Within a couple of days, I quit going numb. After a week, I lost almost all symptoms. I would not assume this was the problem had it not been something plaguing me for several months.

Physical Therapy Corner: Thoracic Outlet Syndrome — Portal

Thanks for the info.. I will look into it..I figured it had something to do with my nerves being pinched but I didn't really know.. Some people scared the shit out of me..telling me I was about to have a heart attack..

Happens to me every night when i go to sleep, it fucking sucks.

Check into thoracic outlet syndrome.

Was just about to suggest the same thing.

If your hands turn blue when they are numb, then it's definitely thoracic outlet syndrome. However, if they do not turn blue, it doesn't exclude the diagnosis.

ya..sometimes my hands and fingers tingle.. but they never turn blue, i would freak the fuck out..lol.. so instead of looking into this should i just go to a doctor... and if so what do you say to a doc.. i'm running a 750 mg of test and my arm tingle at night..hah???

Top Bottom