Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder injury

artrius

Ok, so I just moved to NY, and I get a free membership at the local YMCA because I'm in the military. So I go there for the first time, ready to hit up shoulders hard and heavy. I start out, as usual, with a light warmup set on front shoulder press with 135. However, this shoulder press rack is a little different than the one that I had been used to. The bar is a little farther back than normal. I thought nothing of it and then started the set. On the liftoff... *CRACK* goes my left shoulder. I have never broken a bone, but I must say, for a split second, I thought I had.

Anyways, I figured out how to get around the liftoff problem (just stick my ass out and lean like I'm doing an incline press), but I was wondering what I should do for rehab. I tried to hit flat bench this week, but my shoulder said no and that was that.

Should I just wait it out, or should I see a doctor? I don't know what the symptoms would be for a torn rotator cuff, but my shoulder only seems to hurt (from what I've found thus far) when I do flat bench.

hmm...try these two diagnostic exercises...stick your arms straight out in front of you and have someone push down on your hands while you try to resist him...do the same with your arms sticking straight out to your sides...if you're experiencing a fair amount of pain and/or having trouble resisting him you might wanna go see a doc...

good luck bro,
CN

this is why I hate do anything with a behind the head grip, i.e. pulldowns etc. not worth it at all, good luck man

Thanks for the tips. I'll try that. Hopefully, it was just a nasty little pop or something. I'd hate to be a bag of injuries when I'm older. Hell, I'm already headed down that path...

Top Bottom