Right leg not responding properly. Please Help!

Posted: 19-Dec-2012 05:10 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Right leg not responding properly. Please Help! within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I'm fairly new to lifting and am having all sorts of problems. I'm not sure exactly when I noticed this but when I do any sort of leg exercises I barely feel anything in my right quads. Even if I do lunges I feel a burn in the quad of my trailing leg and nothing in the leading one. It's like my hamstrings and glutes do all the work for that leg. ...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Right leg not responding properly.  Please Help!

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Right leg not responding properly. Please Help!

Old 19-Dec-2012, 05:10 PM   #1

I'm fairly new to lifting and am having all sorts of problems. I'm not sure exactly when I noticed this but when I do any sort of leg exercises I barely feel anything in my right quads. Even if I do lunges I feel a burn in the quad of my trailing leg and nothing in the leading one. It's like my hamstrings and glutes do all the work for that leg. As a result I feel my right hamstring does more work when I do RDLs. I don't know why it's doing that. I know people say you can't go by how a muscle feels during and after exercise but my legs are noticeably different in size.
My calves are messed as well. My right soleus seems to do most of the work. My right soleus is more developed than the left and my left Gastrocnemius is waaay more developed than the right. When I do one legged standing calf raises I feel the burn mostly around my ankles instead of where I am supposed to.
So anyone have any advice as what I can do to fix this or why it's happening.
Gallery of MHowell585  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 20-Dec-2012, 07:23 AM   #2

I suspect that technique is the issue. No offense but beginners have awful form on everything. My advice is to reduce weights and hit compound moves only. So do squats, leg press, stiff leg deads, and things like this. Stop doing the single leg exercises that are further exaggerating the problem. One side will always be a little stronger, bigger, and more muscular then the other but it shouldn't be a drastic difference.

Use code joeb15 for 15% of at Ntbm.

Use code TEAM1001 at ruthless supps for a $50 off discount on transaderm and Phytoserms.
Gallery of joeblow12345  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!