Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New To Weight Lifting, Need Advice

lax400

Hi,

I'm fairly new at weight lifting. My parents wouldn't let me lift at all until last month, although still they give me light weights. I can lift 10 pounds 35 times and it doesn't feel like I'm doing much. So, my question is: How much weight should I lift?

Hi,

I'm fairly new at weight lifting. My parents wouldn't let me lift at all until last month, although still they give me light weights. I can lift 10 pounds 35 times and it doesn't feel like I'm doing much. So, my question is: How much weight should I lift?

So I take it you can not go to a gym?

First off, how old are you?

There are a lot of things you can use to get a good workout. Take a look at prisoners in maximum security settings where they don't have access to weights. A lot of those guys are strong as hell and ripped to shreds.

Take a look at this.

B-

First off, how old are you?

There are a lot of things you can use to get a good workout. Take a look at prisoners in maximum security settings where they don't have access to weights. A lot of those guys are strong as hell and ripped to shreds.

Take a look at this.

B-

This is solid advice for your situation.

Can you get more weights? Buckets full of rocks or sand? Duffel bag/back packs full of rocks or sand?

A tree or bar to do chin ups on? Most play grounds have chin up bars and parallel bars for dips (no pedo)

ok thanks. Also um, does anyone have any tips on building pecs? And wheter or not I should take supplements?

ok thanks. Also um, does anyone have any tips on building pecs? And wheter or not I should take supplements?

For pecs: Push ups, parallel dips, dumbbell bench press, dumbbell incline bench press.....There are quite a few other exercises, but I recommend these for the equipment you have available.

For someone your age the only supplements I recommend are whey protein and a multivitamin.

Even better for gaining muscle is whole milk and whole eggs. Drinking a gallon of whole milk a day will bulk you up better than any supplement available imo. Especially for someone in your position.

"Milk is quite literally better than steroids for a novice lifter to grow on, and no supplement produces the same effect"

-Mark Rippetoe

Top Bottom