needsize's ab routine?

Posted: 11-Feb-2004 05:21 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about needsize's ab routine? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Originally posted by needsize I'm doing 5 sets of 8 reps with a 45lbs plate, only doing them 1x per week Mikeyboy, I'll give that a try, I've been thinking about it and I think I curl forward a bit, to take the strain off my lower back Needsize, do you still do them once a week even while dieting??...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

needsize's ab routine?

Announcement by George Spellwin: Your Testosterone Level - What should it be?

The following informational video tells the shocking story of Christian Hogue - a regular guy who took control of his testosterone level and turned his life around. Watch to discover how he does it and how you can too - his story is told at about 2 minutes into the video.

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-Feb-2004, 05:21 PM   #31

Originally posted by needsize

I'm doing 5 sets of 8 reps with a 45lbs plate, only doing them 1x per week

Mikeyboy, I'll give that a try, I've been thinking about it and I think I curl forward a bit, to take the strain off my lower back
Needsize, do you still do them once a week even while dieting??
Gallery of Texas Ranger  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: ab workout

Old 11-Feb-2004, 05:36 PM   #32
United States
Originally posted by mikeyboy604
...you kinda keep your abs flexed and your back a bit curled when going down halfway...
I'm curled a bit when I do them also.
Gallery of Toozee  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 11-Feb-2004, 08:07 PM   #33
Sikkim
videos? Where?

BTW - this sounds great Needsize. I have a 4 day cycle. I do 100 speed crunches on day 1 and 3 along with 50 weighted sidebends, and I can put this on day 2.
Gallery of Synpax  

Re: needsize's ab routine?

Old 31-May-2004, 12:03 AM   #34

Originally posted by Needsize:

Try this one, this is the only ab exercise I've done for a couple of years now, and it totally transformed my abs
Start on a decline bench, slowly lower yourself until your around halfway down, to the point where you feel the most resistance. Hold that for a slow count of 5, then slowly bring yourself back up. That's one rep, aim for say 5 sets of 5 reps, to start, once you can do that, either add more reps or start to add weight. My abs now stick out to the point where I can see them pretty well even when carrying a lot of bodyfat. This was taught to me by a nationally ranked powerlifter, as a means of strengthening my abs to improve my squat, so it has that benefit as well as building wicked looking abs.[/quote]
GREAT routine!!
Gallery of Texas Ranger  

Old 30-Dec-2012, 06:34 PM   #35

This exercise sounds good I will give it a try. What other different exercises for abs are you guys doing ? Need all the help I can get LOL
Gallery of Mr Muscle!!!  

Old 31-Dec-2012, 11:06 AM   #36

man, I used your rutine and I started felleing the burn!! I loved it!!
Gallery of supermen