Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

needsize's ab routine?

I thought the lower was betteR? My hole back is actually killing me today and my abs feal goood and worked which they havnt for a while so im pretty happy with this but I was goin down to the point where my back was almost laying down u know as far donw as i could go.. the more strain the better its owrking righT?

Tom - I'm glad you brought up the back strain, because I was feeling it in my lower back too. I guess I must be going down too far, but that's where I feel the most resistance in my abs.

Is it normal to not be able to breathe during that 5 second count?

Wow, I did this ab workout last night and only managed to get a solid 15 reps (total).

Shak, I was able to breath when holding it.

Casey

ab workout

I found a really good tip by experimenting with this needsize ab exercise......

to make this work you do not straiten out your back when you go down....... you kinda keep your abs flexed and your back a bit curled when going down halfway, it also works if your holding a weight. This takes all pressure off your hip flexors and your lower back.

If needsize reads this he can try it and vouch for this because it really works if you keep a little bend in your back and keep your abs flexed while doing this.

God Bless

Texas Ranger said:
Needsize, how much weight do you use with this ab routine? How many times a week do you work abs?

I'm doing 5 sets of 8 reps with a 45lbs plate, only doing them 1x per week

Mikeyboy, I'll give that a try, I've been thinking about it and I think I curl forward a bit, to take the strain off my lower back

2 things I've learned that kill the abs.........try holding the plate behind your head or in the air and #2 put a barbell on the decline bench to prevent you from going down to far..........

Top Bottom