Need help with a new training routine

Posted: 23-Dec-2012 11:56 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Need help with a new training routine within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I'm currently in med school and school is getting tougher and tougher as times goes on. I'm finding it VERY difficult to go to the gym 4 times a week. Is it possible for me to go just 3 times a week and actually get something out of just 3 days a week? If so, how should I go about with this 3 day a week training routine? Any help would be g...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]
[Forgot Password?]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 23-Dec-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
United States
I'm currently in med school and school is getting tougher and tougher as times goes on. I'm finding it VERY difficult to go to the gym 4 times a week.

Is it possible for me to go just 3 times a week and actually get something out of just 3 days a week? If so, how should I go about with this 3 day a week training routine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gallery of Smokescreen  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: Need help with a new training routine

Old 24-Dec-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
United States
Definitely bro. All you have to do is compress your current schedule right now. What kind of schedule is it? If you're doing 3 times a week you could do a 3-way split mon/wed/fri. or if you have more time on the weekend you could even keep your 4 day routine and do sat/sun tues/wed or something similar. You could even do a 2 way split and go mon/wed/fri. It all depends on you and what you feel like doing bro. I'm also busy as f*** so going to the gym is hard as well.
Gallery of shibs  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 24-Dec-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
United States
Quote posted by shibs View Post
Definitely bro. All you have to do is compress your current schedule right now. What kind of schedule is it? If you're doing 3 times a week you could do a 3-way split mon/wed/fri. or if you have more time on the weekend you could even keep your 4 day routine and do sat/sun tues/wed or something similar. You could even do a 2 way split and go mon/wed/fri. It all depends on you and what you feel like doing bro. I'm also busy as f*** so going to the gym is hard as well.
I go now 4-5 times a week. But starting Jan 7, I will ONLY be able to go 3 days of the week. It can only be Mon - Thurs.

What can I do? And how do I go about doing this?
Gallery of Smokescreen  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 29-Dec-2012, 07:04 PM   #4

Push/Pull/Legs--just make it count!

there's as sticky on apush pull legs--try that routine.

If you wanna condition--Run sprints--10 minutes total of sprints will keep u lean and allow you to get away from the books for a little to take a mental break
Gallery of Buildingup24  

Old 29-Dec-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
United States
Quote posted by Buildingup24 View Post
Push/Pull/Legs--just make it count!

there's as sticky on apush pull legs--try that routine.

If you wanna condition--Run sprints--10 minutes total of sprints will keep u lean and allow you to get away from the books for a little to take a mental break
Sprints? How do I do that? Do a 10min sprint? Lol Or is it broken up into parts?

I will try the push/pull/legs routine.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using EliteFitness
Gallery of Smokescreen  

Old 29-Dec-2012, 08:22 PM   #6

My bad- I mean 10 minutes of sprints. So sprint
30 seconds/rest 1 minute
Do like 6-8 of those on days you're not lifting and it'll keep u lean n keep you active
Gallery of Buildingup24