Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help - calf raises problem

lavi

Last friday I did seated calf raises (5x15) and near the end i started get a very sharp pain in the middle of my foot. It would also sometimes feel like there is something there (under the middle of my foot). My 30 min walk home from the gym was made quite unpleasant...

After a few days it went away, but today on my second set it came back. Whatever shall I do? It doesn't feel like a muscular pain...

:worried:

I do drink plenty of water...

I really don't think it's a cramp although obviously I don't know :p. What should I do if it is a cramp?

It almost feels like its a nerve or something...

Thanks for your input tzan!

There is an old story about a guy who goes to the doctor and tells the doctor my arm hurts when I do this and the doctor says to him,
WELL DON`T DO THAT!!! ........ :):)

Hey Lavi..... does you foot hurt when you are doing standing calf raises or just when seated ?

Also.... I realize your kinda new at this and one must understand you are asking your body to do many things it is not accustomed to doing. It is not uncommon to feel all kinds of tweaks and pains (Im not talking about specific injuries right now) in the course of the first year of training. Your tendons, ligaments, bones, muscles, skin, etc etc are all adjusting to the rigors and extremes of lifting weights.

Ever hear the expression: Boy, you are gonna feel muscles sore that you never knew you had !!!! catch my drift....... :)

I`m sure it is nothing serious Lavi. You also may have strained a small lil muscle in your foot.

Look at the bright side. Its a growing pain. YOUR GROWING MY MAN !!!!

Pump on .....

Thanks for the reply Dave!

Well after It started to hurt from seated, I tried standing and those hurt too. But that's probably because I already messed up my foot from seated...

Usually I just work through "tweaks and pains" but this really doesn't feel right. I'll try standing standing next week and if that gives me problems then this thread'll get a nice little bump :)

I can't ignore my calves people!

"Look at the bright side. Its a growing pain. YOUR GROWING MY MAN !!!!"

How true. Shirts and pants are getting tight. I gotta buy some new clothes this weekend :D

Dave949 said:
Right on Bro !!! Its a damn good feeling huh :)

You da man !!!

Pump on .....

Umm, wearing tight pants is NOT a damn good feeling :D

Anyway, I take it no one else has had the calf raise problem...

lavi said:
Umm, wearing tight pants is NOT a damn good feeling
True...... but buying new pants cuz you have outgrown your old pants means your leggs and glutes are growing and THAT is a damn good feeling !!!

Pump on .....

Top Bottom