Intense burning pain in the elbow and lower heads of tri

Posted: 24-Dec-2012 05:11 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Intense burning pain in the elbow and lower heads of tri within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: First off my left side is lagging in strenght and size and I was going to add an extra day in the routine to help with this. I am going to hold off until this pain stops happening. Its not optimal, but due to my work schedule it is the best I can do until the new year. So basically here it is. Monday legs, bis, tris Tuesday abs Wedne...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 24-Dec-2012, 05:11 PM   #1

First off my left side is lagging in strenght and size and I was going to add an extra day in the routine to help with this. I am going to hold off until this pain stops happening.

Its not optimal, but due to my work schedule it is the best I can do until the new year. So basically here it is.

Monday
legs, bis, tris

Tuesday
abs

Wednesday
back, shoulders,chest

Thursday
abs

then repeat

Am I not getting enough rest before hitting the arms again with a full work out? I hit them hard on arm days, then they get it pretty good on back, chest day also. I will split the body parts up better in the new year.

Is rest the only answer? I added a joint supp a couple of weeks ago and it seems like it is making it worse. I dont believe it is a joint issue, probably more tendon or training.

I am currently on vacation at my cabin, the gym is 35 miles away(actually anything is 35 miles away) I didnt have any icy hot or anything to help with the pain and didnt want to take the drive again.

So I said what the heck and rubbed in some Forma Stanzol and the pain was gone in minutes. I dont know why but I am not complaining.

So do I rework my routine? Take a little break (really do not want that)?

Give me some advice from the guys doing this a long time.

Thanks

Gary
Gallery of hockeynut_9922  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 24-Dec-2012, 11:19 PM   #2

Quote posted by hockeynut_9922 View Post
First off my left side is lagging in strenght and size and I was going to add an extra day in the routine to help with this. I am going to hold off until this pain stops happening.

Its not optimal, but due to my work schedule it is the best I can do until the new year. So basically here it is.

Monday
legs, bis, tris

Tuesday
abs

Wednesday
back, shoulders,chest

Thursday
abs

then repeat

Am I not getting enough rest before hitting the arms again with a full work out? I hit them hard on arm days, then they get it pretty good on back, chest day also. I will split the body parts up better in the new year.

Is rest the only answer? I added a joint supp a couple of weeks ago and it seems like it is making it worse. I dont believe it is a joint issue, probably more tendon or training.

I am currently on vacation at my cabin, the gym is 35 miles away(actually anything is 35 miles away) I didnt have any icy hot or anything to help with the pain and didnt want to take the drive again.

So I said what the heck and rubbed in some Forma Stanzol and the pain was gone in minutes. I dont know why but I am not complaining.

So do I rework my routine? Take a little break (really do not want that)?

Give me some advice from the guys doing this a long time.

Thanks

Gary
Sounds like your tendon might be inflamed

Try some anti-inflammatory supps ie) fish oil, Meriva tumeric ect.
Gallery of infraredline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: Intense burning pain in the elbow and lower heads of tri

Old 25-Dec-2012, 08:08 PM   #3
Lebanon
tendonitis.

you are over training.

back off.. your body is releasing inflammation to heal it up. let it heal without interference.

when i would do 10X10 pullups i would get elbow inflammation.. so i backed off to 4X10 and it went away. so listen to your body
Gallery of stevesmi  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 26-Dec-2012, 10:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the info, I dropped a couple of sets and it did not happen today. I will take it easy for a while to let it heal up.

Gary
Gallery of hockeynut_9922  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 05-Jan-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
Ireland
tennis elbow is slow to heal , be very careful when you go back training on it.
stay the hell away from any type of tricep extension...
Gallery of C0LUMB0