Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incredible or Incredibly Dumb (ratemysquat)

That girl needs to work on her form on those good mornings.

His squat doesn't look bad to me. I didn't really look that close, shit I'll go watch it again.

Ya he needs to get rid of that little stop he has on his way up. I would say easily fixable. Purist will say he's trying to lift to much blah blah he has bad form. I think he has a fear of falling backwards, someone needs to point that out to him. Any ways he looks better then most cross fit people form wise.

Yeah the little hitch I have has always been there, but it has never looked as pronounced as it did in that video. So maybe sitting back more, driving through the heels, allowing me to keep a more upright back?

The weight is too heavy for general strength building purposes, I could have gotten away with using a good bit less. I will be scaling back the weight after yesterday and will try to come back in a couple months and hit this set again with better form for 8-10.

I read Starting Strength, tried to do squats by the book but they never really took off with me. I can always tell when someone has read Starting Strength and is squatting Rip's way after looking at them squat, looks kind of dumb to be honest.

Thanks for the input.

Looked good. Nice depth. I'd get a spotter or get in the cage though. You dump that on that floor you'll be looking for a new gym. Haha.

Its funny you say that. Homeboy in the blue shirt was spotting despite me not asking him to, on either my 5th or 6th rep you can hear me tell him "I got it". Mirin hard.

Might want to fool around a little with how wide your stance is and where your feet are pointed. I didn't realize that was you in the video. LOL. You look like you can handle that amount of weight so the weights not really the problem. When you start coming back up you need to look up and keep your shoulders from tilting forward. You're not crumpling over at your lower back so that's good but your shoulders and whole torso lean a little forward and then on the way up you get back lined up. Looks to me like you're loosing your footing or you think you are going to tumble backwards. You might actually be leaning back a little to much then when you change directions you over compensate.

You need to talk to a power lifting coach or someone who does a lot of power lifting. Surprised no one else has chimed in on this thread.

Speaking as a hobyist powerlifter-
Props an an appreciable amount of weight. It looks like your knees may be going past your toes. That'll cause a ton of shearing force in your knee. I don't think you want surgery bro. You're breaking at the hips first. That's great! If you're only focused on high bar squats, point your toes out more, knees facing the same direction as your toes, and PUSH YOU LEGS OUT during both your descending and ascending portions of your squat.
Have you tried low bar squats? You'll easily hit 550+ lbs based on your current strength.

Top Bottom