Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

howcome i'm still tired after 10 hours of sleep?

audiophyle

does anyone actually wake up feeling refreshed and ready to wake up? I always feel like I could just keep sleeping forever. I've been playing with the hours of sleep i get to see if maybe I'm oversleeping but i'm always exhausted in the morning. I do eventually wake up and feel fine during the day, just tired as hell in the morning.

I go to bed at 12 A.M and wake up 6.45 just about everyday. If I get much more sleep than that I feel tired about mid- afternoon. I usually wake up ready to go, not tired.

Sleep is a bitch to figure out. I can sleep in until noon or later some weekends and feel like shit when I wake up. There is such a thing as to much sleep. Some days I get 6 or less hours and feel terrific.

From what I understand, establishing a consistent pattern is the most important aspect of sleep. For example, sleeping 11-6 everynight(7 hrs) is better than 10 hrs of sleep while going to sleep at different times each night. Try setting specific times to go to sleep and wake up... and force yourself to do both. At the specified time of waking you need to get up right away. I mean, no laying around at all. The alarm goes off, you get on your feet and go grab some breakfast. You need to train your body to get up immediately. If it takes you a long time to get up. That's the way your body will respond to waking all the time. After about a week of this, you'll be much better in the mornings.

what thaibox said. be consistent. I do 12-9 myself. Nice having a job where I dont have to be in til 11 or 12 noon. :)

4421345_F_tn.jpg

I think i'll try that. I can easily force myself to wake up, its forcing myself to fall asleep that's gonna give me the most problems.

i believe they did a study that showed sleeping more then about 9 hours makes u actually lose rest energy.

The reason for this was the Rem dreams happen in intervals. The longer into sleep the shorter the intervals get. after about 9 hours they get to a point where it is more strain on the body then restful. (thats what i remember from class)

audiophyle said:
its forcing myself to fall asleep that's gonna give me the most problems.
Try some mellow OTC things before you sleep and see if any help. Melatonin, valerian root, kava, etc...

Top Bottom