Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How can I make my wrists bigger?

Simmers

First off, I am 17 years old, 6'0 150ish lbs, so I am skinny. My wrists (right after my wrist bone) are only 6 1/2", and the bulk of my forearm is 11 1/4". I was wondering what the best excersize to bulk up my wrists is.

Also, is it possible for someone my age, my weight, etc, to gain 5 lbs in a week? I still haven't bought a power rack, but hopefully I will be getting one soon.

Your wrist size is genetic, you can help your forearms by doing hammer curls, reverse curls, and static holds when you're deadlifting or doing shrugs. Some people like to do wrist curls, but they don't do anything for me, besides hurting my wrists.

You can only grow muscles and an entire muscle will grow at once. If you get some growth in that area the whole forearm will be bigger. It's also really hard to make any long term gains via isolation training so I'd venture the best way to make that area bigger is to deadlift, squat, row, and press. The biggest thing I would suggest you tacking is the overriding human desire to find fault with themselves. You have a body, it works, enjoy it, make it better. Trust me when I say that if it wasn't the wrists it would be something else. The best thing you can do is detach yourself from garbage like that. Self obsession and the overwhelming need for acceptance are two major hurdles. They cloud the mind and weaken you. You won't ever completely eradicate them but try to keep perspective and hammer away. Gradually their pull will be lessened to a mere annoyance.

big4life said:
Your wrist size is genetic, you can help your forearms by doing hammer curls, reverse curls, and static holds when you're deadlifting or doing shrugs. Some people like to do wrist curls, but they don't do anything for me, besides hurting my wrists.

I agree, i think that wrist curls hurt your wrists, but what exactly are hammer curls???

You can't make your actual wrist bones larger.

You are born with a specific type of bone structure. If you have a large bone structure your wrists & the rest of the bones will be large.

If you are born with a small structure all you can do is wrist curls with the 45lb bar & reverse wrist curls for the outer forearm.

My forearms are small compared to the rest of my upper arms & I train my forearms twice a week.

Small wrists just make your forearms/arms look that much bigger.

Irregardless, I think focusing on forearms and wrists is kinda silly... I'd much rather have a thick/wide back than worry about how my forearms may or may not look.

Carl Carlson said:
Small wrists just make your forearms/arms look that much bigger.

Irregardless, I think focusing on forearms and wrists is kinda silly... I'd much rather have a thick/wide back than worry about how my forearms may or may not look.
Are you kidding? Big forearms add to an overall physique like nothing else!!! Look at Frank McGrath!!! (sp?) His physique is good, not GREAT but pretty good, but he has the sickest foresrms ever which makes his overall package 10x better.... But i guess its a matter of personal opinion....
Bionic

BionicBC said:
Are you kidding? Big forearms add to an overall physique like nothing else!!! Look at Frank McGrath!!! (sp?) His physique is good, not GREAT but pretty good, but he has the sickest foresrms ever which makes his overall package 10x better.... But i guess its a matter of personal opinion....
Bionic
Right, and if you have smaller wrists it'll make your forearms and arms stand out that much more as you bulk them (your arms/forearms) up.

Here we have a kid who's 6'0" and 150 lbs. Are you going to tell him that he should do wrist curls to beef up his forearms or deadlifts to bulk up? At 6'0" and 150 lbs I'd think he'd be concerned with putting on overall size, not just forearm size. But hey, do wrist curls until the cows come home... Doesn't bother me.

Simmers said:
First off, I am 17 years old, 6'0 150ish lbs, so I am skinny. My wrists (right after my wrist bone) are only 6 1/2", and the bulk of my forearm is 11 1/4". I was wondering what the best excersize to bulk up my wrists is.

Also, is it possible for someone my age, my weight, etc, to gain 5 lbs in a week? I still haven't bought a power rack, but hopefully I will be getting one soon.
the first thing i would say is to never use wrist straps. at your age this would be great for you to get in the habit of not using them. it'll improve your forearm size a lot if you avoid the straps. also, trying aquiring a thick bar. it'll be about 2 1/2'' in diameter. use it when you curl and do power holds. load it up and just try to hold it as long as you can, around 30-45 seconds atleast. as far as your wrist size, give it a year or 2. you are not done growing yet.

Top Bottom