Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how can DOMS be prevented or be treated to go away faster

omni16

hi

I get none painful tightening that starts one day after workout and lasts 3-6 day every time I change my workout or try to raise the weights I’m lifting.
my guess is these are DOMS.

what can I do to prevent and what can I do when they occur ?

what I’ve done until now to prevent:
* drink plenty of water before and after workout.
* stretch before and after workout.
* warm up the muscle group before going heavy on it.

what I’ve done until now to reduce tightness after they already appear:
* warm the area a few times a days with heat rubbing lotions like bengay
* gently stretching
* self massages

any other suggestions ?

don't stretch before your workout, thats a great way to pull muscles.

once you gain conditioning the soreness will go away. if you are changing your workouts and getting sore than that tells me you aren't working out correctly. need to cover all bases when you workout. not do the same thing everyday.

The reason you're getting sore is because you are changing your workouts, and its a good thing your body will adapt very quickly to anything you throw at it, if you're advanced you MUST change your workouts frequently, now im not saying every week but atleast every month, and dont change the mandotary exercises like bench press, pulldown, deadlift row, just change the orders, a noob will always get sore because he's not used to the exercise and its same with advanced lifters if he change up the exercise.

For soreness try high dose bcaa and glutamine, I swear when i added these two during and post workout, my soreness diminished rapidly, specially in my chest i used to get these insane doms that would last up to 5+ days now its gone in 2 days, bcaa and glutamine are very effective during workout IMO..

DOMS are just a Part of the game, and normal for all of us especially when doing something different (new workouts, exercises, weights, or rep ranges). Your body apapts to the changes over time and pain will decrease, but you should always push yourself to experience at least some soreness

epsom salts baths helps me a lot for really bad DOMS

Top Bottom