Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To HIT or not to HIT

heavyduty-club

What is up boys & girls of the bodybuilding community?

I am the type of person who feels like i really don't belong anywere near a gym let alone a forum site!!
But i can tell you i fucking love this sport i just made some very bad choices when i got started and never kicked the habbit (no foul play just ate alot of shite), so i got fat and never built any real quality of muscle, hence the reason i feel like shit even asking for help.

Any way i've been reading alot of books mainly arnies encyclopedia and enjoyed the parts on routines, bit then Mike Mentzer & Dorian Yates found there way into my life.
So of course the idea of doing a ton of work with so little volume hit me like a bag of sand (no pun on the hit), and straight away i was looking at videos and pics of these dudes. Now before i go on to much of a rant & i know already that i will never lace there shoes i wanted to know if anyone has ever used High Intensity Training/Heavy Duty? Did it work? Would you recommend it? And who's style was better? I see that Mike liked to train his clients under a very slow cadence in the possitive and negative parts of the movement, or Dorian style with not much of a cadence just control and heavy loads

I apprechiate everything i get back guys it really means alot!!

You can't go wrong either way. Every so often you have to change up your routine in order to keep seeing results. This is a great way to do so, your whole routine doesn't have to change, just tempo/rep schemes. Try one for a month and then the other for a month, and see which your body responds better to. High intensity is a pretty broad term and to me is a mind set. Whether you use a slow tempo, short rest periods, rest pause, dropsets, or supersets, do it with purpose. Pushing yourself in each and every set is what high intensity is about, every hear the awful saying "there's a million ways to skin a cat"? Haha, you get the picture. Let me know if there are any other questions you have, that's what this forum is for.

Man it means alot to me just to get a responce so thank you very much, as you can probably tell i need alot of help not just in the physique part but probably mentally as well.

My mind set is very much in high gear towards training, but i get so confused as to what to do, or were to start, i like the fact that you didn't single any routine out and you never took to ripping either HIT or Mike Mentzer apart, i know he gets a bad rap anytime his name is brung up, but personally i love him & Dorian there approach to training is very raw and real.

Anyway i'm going to take your advice and try one for around 8 weeks then try the other one. Just to give you an idea of what i have just done, i took a pair of light dumbbells (i have at home) they weighed maybe 15kg each, i can go heavier but i wanted to try the slow cadence approach. I tried a set of curls and reached maybe 8 reps with 4 seconds up/4 seconds down & hurt like a bitch lol. Then i done a set of overhead triceps extensions same princible and again hurt like hell, but in a good way i have never felt anything like it.

No problem, and good luck man! The amount weight doesn't matter unless you are looking to powerlift. A lot of guys will sacrifice gains in order to not "look like a pussy" in the gym. And I bet it was hard, 4 seconds up and 4 seconds down for 8 reps is 64 seconds of constant tention. A lot different than someone knocking out 8 reps in 10 seconds!

Top Bottom