Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hannibal help [another ME bench Q]

DOM

I've been reading a lot on freak forum and big house power forum where people post their workouts. I notice a lot of guys will do two special exercises on ME day that they max out on. For example floor press and then pin press. This seems like pretty tough overtraining to me... my ass is usually kicked from one ME exercise. Is this common practice or is it one of those things that these guys are doing just because it works out for them? Or do they only do it while they're on juice so they recover faster?

I have seen several people take this approach on bench day. Following the max effort main exercise with a lockout of some sort. Like a pin press or a partial overhead press. It works for some ..and for other it take too much out of them. There are no set in stone rules for the Westside System...you have to find what works for you.

I personally like to follow up max effort work with Pin Press or 5 Board Presses with the Blue bands for triples. Just have to see what works for you

Strength and Honor

I am using West side to train for my strongman contest. Did log clean and press for my 1st exercise on ME day then did 4 sets of 5 reps with 185 and 207 on close grip incline bench press. 30 sec rest on the cl grip incline.

Loved it.

B True

Top Bottom