Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Forearm Pain from Bench?

Id live to switch gym's but in this area its not an option. The closest option is about 25 miles away and they are about the same. I have a pair of ironmasters but they stop at 120, not really wanting to upgrade to the 200lb kit either, which is better but a real pain taking them to the gym with me....i have though. Still not as heavy as i want them to be. Ill just have to toy with it i guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EliteFitness

WTF are your stats? height and weight?
How many reps are you doing with 120?
Full range? Do you touch your delt with the weight?

6'5" 279

15-18 reps with 120

All the way down and stop just before a lockout.

Fucken A dude your a fucking house!

I don't think there's anything inherent about barbell bench that is causing your problem. You just have an injury so let it heal.

I don't think there's anything inherent about barbell bench that is causing your problem. You just have an injury so let it heal.

The only thing that gets me is its both arms in the exact same place.
Something us injured or stressed to a point that i need to drop weight or take time off. Im trying to drop weight first or dumbbells. I just don't feel like a break right now.

That is wierd its on both sides, but still you need to heal. That means you need to stop anything that aggravates it (bench), but you should be able to maintain strength by finding chest and tricep exercises that don't affect your forearms (flys, pec dec, pushdowns, etc). You need to experiment to see what hurts and what doesn't. If dumbell bench doesn't hurt than it might be ok, but in my experience dumbells put more stress on the forearms, mainly from getting them in position.

What are taking right now? Aas?

are you doing a lot of heavy curls, too? I get forearm splints when I go heavy on curls for too long and notice it when I'm benching. I've found that benching doesn't necessarily cause the splints but I feel them when I rack the weight after benching.

Top Bottom