Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

first tim box squating.

##spiderbaby##

I'm glad I found this board.

Last night I tried my first box squat. Since ive never performed these before i used an ultra light weight. my box is set at below parallel and I have pieces that i add to adjust the height when I need to. Anyway I read alot before I tried these and I only did 3 sets of 8 reps. I'm going to be in hell tomorrow because my legs are already sore first thing in the morning today. So far so good but i feel kinda week... hehe

I'll keep you guys updated as i progress.

##spiderbaby##

thats weird.

you shouldnt be feeling in your legs too much.
maybe if you have strong glutes back and hams......

keep your legs wide...... ultra wide....... not close stance

your legs need to make nice "V" from your torso down.

if you do that it should put the stress more on the glutes and hips.......... thats where you should feel it.

hope this helps

no bouncing here, but I will keep my stance wide next time. Dont misunderstand when I say my legs i mean my hips on down, cept for calves of course.

thx guys.

##spiderbaby##

The box is a lot harder to learn than most people think. To get a good carry over from the box you need to keep in mind these tips. Wide stance, stay tight and spread the floor all the way till you rest on the box, Do not rock forward to get off the box. When you sitting on the box you should be forcing your knees out as hard as you can and it should feel like your leg curling your self off the box, Keep a vertical shin position when all the ways down, Keep an upright torso and explode of that box with as much speed and force that you can possibly generate.

Top Bottom