Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deadlift frequency

FlexManning

Curious how many people are progressing on deadlift by performing it less than once per week.

I generally use an upper/lower split. One reason being that it allows me to work around my schedule. If I have to work out 2 days in a row that's fine, if I work out once and then can't get back in for several days I'm not very far behind. But I'm leery of deadlifting the day after a heavy back workout.

I seem to be back to nearly the same numbers I was at before my last layoff and I'm only deadlifting once every 10-14 days. Some contend though that squats, good mornings, hypers, etc. aren't enough to maintain/increase deadlift numbers if you're not doing the lift at least once a week.

I DL less than once a week. Meaning, every so often I need extra time off from it.

I do deadlift about once every 10 days. A long time ago when I got started, I would DL more often. But it seems like I can do it less frequently now and still get some gains, without tiring myselft out for other lifts.

I always go once a week when I am really working on it. I go 110% on those days. It's so rough that sometimes I have to sit there and look at the weight and let it know who the boss is in this relationship. It can't stop me from conquering its bitch ass.

I go once a week, but it's not every week that I can go balls to the wall. Every so often I'll just do my warm up sets and work up to a respectable weight then stop. Almost every week after that one I can manage to improve in some way.

depends on the purpose, I do deadlifts 3 times a week for years, but I achieved adaptation to high loads, 90% of the trainees would not withstand this, simply change the parameters of each workout, maximum effort, strength endurance, explosiveness

Twice a week for three weeks then 1 week off.

Every week go for 12-20 rep sets. Then go for your 4-8 rep max on your second deadlift session later in the week.

Deadlift takes allot out of you so i honestly think if you at least squat twice a week your not gonna lose any ground on your deadlift if you can only do it once a week for recovery reasons.

Top Bottom