Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dead lift problem

Shuckmutt88

I've been dedicated to the gym for the last 5-6 months straight but haven't touched dead lifts once because I suffer bad lower back pain from years of rugby league. I'm worried I'm gonna do damage if I do deads. Should I start light or is there an alternative?

The deadlift uses the whole body so there is no direct substitute. Its crucial you build up some muscle memory and moving properly before you start do so any low rep work. Seriously I would recommend working with a knowledgeable coach until you can consistantly walk up to the bar and pull heavy triples with rock solid consistent form. Learn to feel when your form breaks and bail on the lift when it does. Leave your ego at the door, thats where people get hurt.

Start light. Have someone who knows what they are doing check your form.. practice, practice, practice with a lighter weight until you have a flawless technique and then move up the weight

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Do u guys think it's safe or could I make my back worse. Maybe my back is weak and needs strengthening. Hence why it's sore

I think a stong back is crucial for allowing injuries to heal and to prevent new ones from happening. The only way to strngthen the back is to use it. Romanian dead lifts, dead lifts, good mornings, various rows etc. The key to safety is ease into it, focus on perfect form and leave your ego at the door.

I think a stong back is crucial for allowing injuries to heal and to prevent new ones from happening. The only way to strngthen the back is to use it. Romanian dead lifts, dead lifts, good mornings, various rows etc. The key to safety is ease into it, focus on perfect form and leave your ego at the door.

Deadlifts and squats booked in for Sunday with a mate of mine who used to enter squat competitions. Going to make sure my form is perfect

If I gave you an infraction for inappropriate language keep in mind breaking the forum rules by talking about Labs in any fashion IS inappropriate language.

Do u guys think it's safe or could I make my back worse. Maybe my back is weak and needs strengthening. Hence why it's sore

Just start really light and work your way up. I would start with just the bar to make sure the form was perfect and then add 25 pounds to each side as you feel more comfortable. Work your way up to 45 lb plates and do high reps. Just build it up slowly and once your back is 100%, you can slowly up the weight and lower the reps to build more strength.

Bodybuilding/Powerlifting/ Strength Training is a marathon not a sprint. Results are rarely fast. Be careful and listen to your body. Do each rep slow and you'll know if it is pulling in a bad way.

Top Bottom