Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Competing with a permanent injury????

I know someone who broke her elbow quite badly a little over a year ago. She is back to training and she benches what she did before, which is pretty good. Unfortunately her injusry left her unable to completely straighten her left arm.

Would she still be allowed to compete, given that she cannot "lock out" in the strictest sense of the word?

Has anyone run across this situation before?

sermon_of_crockery said:
I know someone who broke her elbow quite badly a little over a year ago. She is back to training and she benches what she did before, which is pretty good. Unfortunately her injusry left her unable to completely straighten her left arm.

Would she still be allowed to compete, given that she cannot "lock out" in the strictest sense of the word?

Has anyone run across this situation before?

You know, they said something at our comp in Tulsa that if anyone had an injury preventing them from fully locking out their bench to let the judges know beforehand, which would lead me to believe that they would make some form of exception.

This was an APF meet, I'd guess it could vary from fed to fed.

i believe she can still compete. i know in the ipa she probably can, cuase a guy at the gym (gritter) cant bend his arm all the way and he still benches.

She can still compete. Every fed. has a statement is their rules of performance of the lifts that the bar must be locked out to full extension unless there is a medical condition preventing otherwise.

Top Bottom