Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Calf question

IronAddict400

I have a problem with my calves. they arent contacting as much i want them to. When i am at calf raises (standing or seated) i cant feel much contraction in my gastroc. all i feel is intense contraction in my soleus. Is this becuase of stiffness in muscle?? i used to be a taekwondo player and later football player. I used to run a lot and jump rope a hell lottt.. may be thats the reason?? can anyone here help me ?? please guys..i need your expert opinions..

I've noticed that most people on calf raises have very poor ROM. Make sure you are getting a full extension and contraction. And squeeze at the top.

I am getting that full ROM. maximum stretch at bottom until my achilles starts to hurt.. and max contraction on top... but thats where i am not getting full contraction in gastroc.. too much contraction in soleus i cant feel much contraction in gastroc when i reach on top of movement..

Foam roller has worked wonders for me.

My standard response to those who aren't getting full ROM is lower the weight. If your situation involves only body weight, then I guess this doesn't apply.

Make sure you get a good stretch when you lower your heels. Then raise up as up as high as you can. Something that's helped me get good contractions in certain muscles of the calves (idk the names of the calve muscles lol sorry) the position that I angle my toes to point inside or outside or even just concentrating the weight on the front inside or front outside balls of my feet and calve raising on whichever side you choose.
So concentrate the weight on the outside balls of my foot when I calve raise helps me feel a better contraction on the outside calve muscles.

Top Bottom