Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it better to train triceps with chest OR biceps??

lightout

Hi
I am confused some people say its better to train triceps with chest some others say the biceps,what is right???

Try some sets of close-grip bench as back-off sets to your main benching. It should see you fine. That's assuming you're doing some kind of pressing at least twice and preferably thrice per week. If not then consider that option first.

lightout said:
Hi
I am confused some people say its better to train triceps with chest some others say the biceps,what is right???

I hate arm days. If you're doing some 1x muscle group a week, i'd say, get off of that and look up the stickies. As for your original question, I would rather work 'chest' (I prefer the word pressing or pushing because it works much more than just chest and trying to isolate the chest is plain stupid)

tri's after pressing will help you get the full workout for the compound movement that works more muscles at the same time, thus promoting more growth. Then, work on triceps for whatever purpose they serve for you.

I *never* train triceps + chest on the same day.... I think that if you do, you aren't getting all you can out of both muscle groups.

Ex - You will be fatigued before you should be on the bench if you do tricep isolation excercises first. Or if you do the bench first, then you will be fatigued before you should on the tricep isolation excercises.

depends on if you want size or endurance i think
for size do it with biceps (push/pull theory) ... but nowadays i also think a bi/tri day is a waste of a good day. YMMV.

My workout split is like this.

chest/biceps

back/triceps

shoulder/traps

legs

I have been following this routine for awhile, and I like the way it works for me.

That's pretty interesting....
Sort of similar to mine:

Chest/Back (days 1+4)
Triceps/Biceps (days 2+5)
Shoulders/Traps/Legs (days 3+6)
Day 7 - Rest

Top Bottom