ALL HAIL Needsize Crunches!!!

Posted: 17-Feb-2006 05:15 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about ALL HAIL Needsize Crunches!!! within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: HIP HIP HOORAY for Needsize Crunches!...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 17-Feb-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
Sikkim
HIP HIP HOORAY for Needsize Crunches!
Gallery of Synpax  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: ALL HAIL Needsize Crunches!!!

Old 18-Feb-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Canada
glad you like them, they make you sore as hell, but give twice the results with half the work
Gallery of needsize  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 18-Feb-2006, 09:05 PM   #3
United States
It's so important to use static work for the midsection to increase functional strength. I'm a big fan of NS situps when I do ab work.
Gallery of Guinness5.0  

Old 18-Feb-2006, 09:07 PM   #4
United States
Quote posted by needsize
glad you like them, they make you sore as hell, but give twice the results with half the work
Can you give me a link that describes them. I like to learn.
Thank you.
Gallery of thelion2005  
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 18-Feb-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
United States
Quote posted by thelion2005
Can you give me a link that describes them. I like to learn.
Thank you.
^X2
Gallery of swaptrex  

Old 18-Feb-2006, 09:58 PM   #6
United States
They're quite simple really: using a decline bench you lower yourself til your torso is parallel with the floor, then hold that position for a 5 count, then perform a situp. Use weight if you can - like any exercise the goal is always to add weight when possible. I've seen NS advise 5x5 as the set/rep scheme, and I imagine other schemes would be effective. Personally I think 5's are great for developing a solid core for deads/squats etc.
Gallery of Guinness5.0  

Old 18-Feb-2006, 10:45 PM   #7
United States
oh yeah, i have tried these in the past and can work say they well.
Gallery of swaptrex  

Old 19-Feb-2006, 02:05 AM   #8
United States
so decline bench but only go to parallel and hold for a 5 count...?

can these be incorporated into the 5x5 on ab days...?

how many reps...?
Gallery of DZLS  

Old 19-Feb-2006, 03:30 AM   #9

Quote posted by DZLS
how many reps...?
Quote posted by G5
I've seen NS advise 5x5 as the set/rep scheme
Hm...
Gallery of Anthrax Invasion  

Old 19-Feb-2006, 11:23 AM   #10
Canada
there really isnt a set rep scheme, I suggest with starting with 5x5, but personally I worked up to 5x8 reps with a 45lb plate, and its done wonders for my abs, I've never been on stage with anyone who had ones that could compare
Gallery of needsize