adderall(amphetamine) and weight lifting

Posted: 17-Feb-2007 06:36 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about adderall(amphetamine) and weight lifting within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I've recently been prescribed 20mg of adderall XR for ADHD, and today when I lifted I ended up adding 5lbs to all of my lifts..I also still had energy after my last set. Only thing that worries me is that my heart was pounding like crazy and Im curious if anyone else here is taking this drug?...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]
[Forgot Password?]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 17-Feb-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
United States
I've recently been prescribed 20mg of adderall XR for ADHD, and today when I lifted I ended up adding 5lbs to all of my lifts..I also still had energy after my last set. Only thing that worries me is that my heart was pounding like crazy and Im curious if anyone else here is taking this drug?
Gallery of kid5er  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: adderall(amphetamine) and weight lifting

Old 18-Feb-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
Mexico
Of course your heart beat will race it's like speed. Xr I think is the slow release formula if I'm correct. Be careful dude.
Gallery of Mysterio  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Re: adderall(amphetamine) and weight lifting

Old 18-Feb-2007, 11:14 PM   #3

Yes XR is the Extended Release.

Just dont jack with your dosage thinking your gonna get better lifts by using more of it.

Your body should adjust to it so the racing might go away slowly. Personally I had to stop taking my medication due to side effects but alot of peoples reactions went away.
Gallery of jeepboi