Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

West-Side benchers

jerkbox

Platinum
I needs to make me some boards....

any recommendations?

i was gonna get some 2x4's cut and glue and nail them together...

any recommendations on length?

also, should I make a 1,2,3,4,5??

karma for any input here

- jerkbox

btw, I am also gettin some bands.....can't wait...I feel my bench getting bigger as I speak baby!....

Get 2x6's, easier on your chest, I used a circular saw and cut handles in the ends, also I made a pair for a friend where I got some heavy duty velcro and glued/nailed(roofing nails) strips on each board so he wouldn't have to have a bunch of stuff laying around. He would just pull the boards apart or put them together, worked well. I think they were around 24"(maybe longer) overall.

2x6's are a good Idea.

I used one 24 inch piece and the rest were 12 inch. The 24 inch piece is what the spotter holds onto and the 12 inch pieces make up the rest of the thickness. I just nailed them together and they work fine, three nails each side.

i made them from the 2x6s, nailed them together. cut them long you dont want them to be to short. the boards(not including the handle to hold them with) should be like 20 inches at least. you dont want to worry about missing the board and........ well you know what will happen.

thanks brolys...

should I make a 1 board, 2 board, etc all the way to 5?

the routine I am using now only uses 3 board press

If you buy the wood from a home improvement store and don't have the saw to cut them, then have them cut it for you at the store. They'll usually do it free of charge.

Currently I have a 1, 2, 3, and 4 board. I would like to have a 5 board. It kind of depends on how tall you are as to what you will need.
...chad...

cheesecake, we have just recently made some 5 boards, but before that we just put a 2 and 3 on top of eachother. :)

spatts said:
cheesecake, we have just recently made some 5 boards, but before that we just put a 2 and 3 on top of eachother. :)
LOL.

Exodus was talking about borrowing my 1 and 4 boards and taping them together to achieve the same effect. I guess you have to do whatever works.
...chad...

even as short as i am, 6 boards are possible to do. i wonder if i'd be better off just doing lockouts though

Top Bottom