Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weight Releasers...

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
Ok...I have a pair in the garage that are just collecting dust and rust...they need use.

Thoughts needed...

Here is what I was thinking...
I took a 1RM (loose suit and briefs and belt only) on Sunday and hit 675. Felt like 700 would have went and maybe 725+ with wraps...but that is neither here nor there...
I read somewhere that one could use 55% of their 1RM bar weight, and 35% added on to that would be weight releaser weight...

I also want to keep using the bands...and I thought that the mid bands added about 150 pounds at the top...

1RM: 675
55% for bar weight: 370 (rough)
85% total: 570 (rough)
Mid bands: 150 total
-----------------------------------------------
This is what I was thinking about using on Wednesday:
Bar Weight: 225
Average Bands: 150 (+225 bar weight = 375 or roughly 55%)
Weight Releasers: 200 total

BW (225) + Bands (150) + WR (200) = 575 (85.1% of my 1RM)

Of course, I plan to do my speed sets first (225-275 plus medium bands for 8-10 sets) and finish with 2-4 singles with this weight.

What are your thoughts? Am I wayyyyy off base here???

Thanks a ton...

B True

Anyone???

B True

Just my opinion but I think that weight releasers are more trouble than they're worth. Bands and chains offer similar benefits and they are easier to use.

If you are a 700lb squatter, 225 and greens seems a little light, I think. I'm not exactly sure what that is on the box but I would guess around 300 or a little more. I would up the bar weight or band a little. Once the weight releasers are gone, this weight will be a joke to you. I could be wrong, what do you think?

Not sure about weight releasers. I've never used them, but if I had them I would use them. I don't think I'd figure their weight into my squat wave though. I'd just throw some weight on to get the feel of extra weight on the way down for one rep.

dg is right, you should use more like 315 with the greens at least. and i agree with screwball, i dont think weight releasers are all that great. ive used them on bench maybe once.

Thanks guys...

I used just as I planned tonight and the weight releasers were 'different' but I think that they are good for a few things. It feels the same as it does when you take out a super heavy weight from the rack...and you have to hit the hole with it. LOTS of weight on the negative portion and I feel that if I don't shoot out of the hole that I am going to get pinned...but of course the weights release and it is light anyways...

I rarely go heavy on DE days...I just don't feel that my body can take A LOT of work on DE days and still push hard on events. I normally use around 40% on DE lower days. I probably should have used 275 though...

B True

I´ve only used weight releasers on ME squats. I liked them and I´m going test them on ME bench also.

Top Bottom