Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Power Training and cutting

danbo

Is doing power training lifts during my workout a good idea if i want to cut body fat?

I want to get down from 14% to 8%. There is no rush to build muscle, i would like to get my body fat % right first (so the muscle is more visible). To do this what sort of weights routine would i need. Light weights, high reps?

I do plenty of cardio through BJJ and MMA. But i eat a crappy diet for now (that will change when i start university). Should i do more cardio to compensate for the crappy diet?

try ur best to cut the worst stuff outta ur diet now and just do lots of cardio dont expect to great of results till u fix ur diet

I would follow his advice on cutting the crap out of your diet. Best places to start are all fried foods and soda.

I would lift heavy and hard and do moderate cardio 4-5 days a week for 30 minutes and I mean moderate like your heart rate going no higher than 120bpm.

Keep a food log and cut 500 calories off what your realistic maintenance calories would be per day and every 6th and 7th day eat 500 calories over maintenance calories. This is kinda like zig zagging. You will lose fat those 5 days and the 6th and 7th will help you keep your muscle mass up. Use that extra 500 calories from carbs. Repeat process and every 2 weeks access your lean body mass, total weight, BF%, strength and how you look in the mirror.

Expect to take some time to get down to 8% as that is very lean. At all costs you want to maintain your muscle mass even if it means slowing the weight loss so that you end up leaner and meaner, not just a smaller you.

Take my word, I lost 50lbs which is great, but I lost 20lbs of muscle and am rebuilding my strength levels which sucks. Keep that muscle mass! :chomp:

Doing explosive movements like power moves and oly lifts is an excellent way to keep hold of mass whilst getting cut. The lack of eccentric stress (negatives) reduces the damage that is realised as delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).

I still personally think that unless you are a competitive BBer, then sub 10%BF is unnecessary, and a waste of a whole ton of effort (time and the toll on your body) to achieve and maintain. Try and GROW whilst minimising BF gain.

musketeer said:
Doing explosive movements like power moves and oly lifts is an excellent way to keep hold of mass whilst getting cut. The lack of eccentric stress (negatives) reduces the damage that is realised as delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS).

I still personally think that unless you are a competitive BBer, then sub 10%BF is unnecessary, and a waste of a whole ton of effort (time and the toll on your body) to achieve and maintain. Try and GROW whilst minimising BF gain.
I just want to lose enough BF so your can see at least a 4 pack on my abs. Would i be able to see that at 10% BF, is that low enough to see a 4 pack?

at 10% bf you will see your abs on a hard flex, but for a full 6 pack definition you will have to go down to 7-8%

but as musketeer has said this does take a whole lot effort

Your abs will be visible at 10% for sure. Whether or not is is 4, 6 or 8 'pack' depends on genetics more than training. Do big compound moves to thicken the ab wall, and they crevaces will deepen.

Top Bottom