Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

not westside

endpoint

i think this is bound to cause some level of debate.

I know there are some on this board that do not train the sacred "westside" way.

so how do you train?

Many of the worlds top powerlifters do not use this method of training(but yes yes a lot of them come from the westside gym). so surely there is life outside westside.

Ps i am happy with the method and will continue to train with it as i make progress week to week

im an old school lifter. I do some westside movements but not enough to say im a westside lifter.

The strongest Powerlifter in the World trains old school.

endpoint said:
i think this is bound to cause some level of debate.

I know there are some on this board that do not train the sacred "westside" way.

so how do you train?

Many of the worlds top powerlifters do not use this method of training(but yes yes a lot of them come from the westside gym). so surely there is life outside westside.

Ps i am happy with the method and will continue to train with it as i make progress week to week

Methinks you protest too much.

You seem to have this hatred with Westside, as you constantly belittle it. Do you just have this normal hatred towards anything that is in popular view? Or did a Westside lifter run over your puppy?

Read everything, critically review everything, then apply it to one person, out of the millions it was written for, as best you can. Never take any one theory, one opinion, one method, and disregard the research of others. That is ignorant, and I mean that by definition, and not as an insult.

Westside is for the masses

Freak you are awesome ( aka Freak).. So is G Halbert...He doesnt train majority west side either...

There is no better system of training to take an avg to better then avg lifter and bring them to Elite or slight "Sub Elite" status..
" Once you are there (Elite) you are going to need a hell of alot more than Westside Barbell to go higher" --Dave Tate

I am sure some great powerlifters have made it without use of WSB principles but I would venture to guess they would be the exception...

My .02.......Flame Away !!!!!!!!!!

:theranger

I've trained on and off for over 15 years and I have seen and done a lot of different things to put on size and gain strength. Korte's, 3x3, HIT, Russian, Bulgarian, Heavy Duty, etc... All of these programs have one thing in common - that one thing is that they are rigid & inflexible programs.

I train Westside because it's flexible. There is a basic structure to Westside training but the beauty of Westside is that you tailor the program to meet your specific needs. Gains should be consistant because the lifter is always focusing training around overcoming weaknesses.

Westside is not the only way but it is the way I choose to train.

Everybody has there own way of training. and everybody's opinion is gonna be alot different.

Alot of people out there dont realize that some of the lifters at WS were already strong before joining. Take Chuck V and Matt Smith, they were some of the few that already had the gift of being strong. But take George H., he wasnt so strong (from what i was told) I think I heard that He was 275 and benching like 480, and now look at him 733 at 215.

Louie Simmons has made a Big name for him and his club. and alot of people are training WSB, and it will be like that untill someone else comes along and puts out another way to train. I kinda look at it as a FAD. And right now WSB seems to be the way to go. But im gonna stick with Old School and just add a little WS in it.

Re: Re: not westside

epimetheus said:

Methinks you protest too much.

You seem to have this hatred with Westside, as you constantly belittle it. Do you just have this normal hatred towards anything that is in popular view? Or did a Westside lifter run over your puppy?

do i need to point out (again) that i train westside and have made the best progress on this type of training.

for the reason screwball pointed out (weakness) Is why i train westside.I also use it because of the longevtivety(sp?) and its constant evolution

I am not protesting just trying to find out why people train the way they do.

You sound like a christian that has heard someone say "J.C. is not my saviour". have an open mind.

this is a debate. its a simple post.

FREAK19 what is your "split" how do you divide up your training?

As I said in another thread today, Louie would probably laugh or cringe at 99% of the WSB devotees in here. Unless you have trained with him, you are probably doing modified WSB...intentionally or not.

man....

endpoint posts a decent question and you guys/(gals?) mistake him and chide him for not following westside, then tell him he is really doing westside whether he knows it or not?!!??

i love the j.c. reference. i saw a bumper sticker which made me laugh today:

"Jesus, I have no problem with you. It's your fan club I hate."

who gives a fuck what louie would think of all the people in here? I would hope he would be excited that he has taught so many people to be creative.

In case some of you guys don't realize it, westside does not walk into every meet and take home all the trophies.

they have an EXCELLENT crew and GREAT ideas, but there is always room for improvement.

Keep the ideas and questions coming.

/irish

Top Bottom