Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New M.E. exercise!

benchmonster

I may have finally figured out a way to do floor presses that I like. Let me back up a bit. I have never liked floor presses much, mostly cause I am vain, and I can't do much weight on this movement. Well. . .

I got the George Halbert bench video for my birthday, and got some great ideas from it, one of which was to use 2 doubled minis wrapped around the bottom of the rack for floor presses. this should add 100 lbs at the top. I wrapped one extra loop and got 115 lbs added at the top. (I figured this out using a box, some boards and a bathroom scale, pretty scientiffic stuff).

So I warmed up with 160 (using Halbert math) which was 115 lbs of band plus the 45 lb bar. George only lists the weight at the top, and I found this is much easier to keep up with rather than writing down weight used, bands, band setup, etc. . .

Then began doing triples as follows: 160, 250, 300, 350, 375

Then dropped to singles and did: 390, 410, and a close miss at 430.

My previous best floor press was around 340 or so. Not very impressive, I know. And after a band-less floor press session, I never felt like I had done much work. Well, after this little session, I felt like I got my money's worth.

After this I did JM Presses on the floor with the same band setup for 3 sets of 8 or so, using around 250 for 1 set and 300 for 2 sets. Actually, I think it was more like 10 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps for the sets.

Then 3 sets of band bent rows, shoulder horn, and called it a day.

As you can see, once the bands are on there, I am too lazy to move them, and just do exercises where I can use the band setup from M.E. exercise. I am becoming a believer, in both the floor presses, and using bands on everything. I will give it a shot and see how it works on Sept. 14th.

B.

benchmonster,sounds good.......do you ever take the bands off after the sets and keep going up with singles but without the bands???..or all sets are done and you set the PR with bands on?.........sorry if dumb question........

benchmonster said:

After this I did JM Presses on the floor with the same band setup for 3 sets of 8 or so, using around 250 for 1 set and 300 for 2 sets. Actually, I think it was more like 10 reps, 8 reps, 7 reps for the sets.

B.

i did these too.. i set up the bands by looping one of the minis under the cross beam under the bench. . i like to set it up like that more than having it individual for each side. i feel it adds just as much as 1 mini would anyway.
but since im knew to JM presses (especially with bands) i finished with a whopping 3 sets o f 10 w 65 lbsbar weight + 1 mini stretched under the cross beam. so probably around 100 at top

The Mann,

If it is a band day, I use the bands till I P.R. or max or whatever. I never have dropped them off and kept going. I think for me that would be asking for trouble.

I like to train, and I have to keep myself in check, or I will overtrain. If I max out, then drop the bands and keep going, I will get into trouble.

I am going to start using bands on almost all exercises for the rest of this competition season and see what kind of results that gives me.

B.

I am not going to cycle off anymore. I will just use them on everything for the next few training cycles and see how it works.

B.

Top Bottom