Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New high box P.R.

benchmonster

Hit a new P.R. on a high box. The actual box was a bench press bench. I don't know the exact height, but it is definately above parallel for me. I hit 595, which was a ten pound P.R. and then hit 625!!!

I know these aren't great numbers, but a P.R. is a P.R. I have not been training my squats as hard as usual, and have been skipping the occasional squat workout because I am in the middle of bench contest season, and still hit a good PR. I would have gone for 650 or so, but I could not re-rack the 625 and actually Mrs. Benchmonster hurt her hand attempting to help get the 625 racked. She was none too impressed with the benchmonster, and hopefully she will begin speaking to me sometime today.

Two great workouts, two days in a row! The benchmonster is a very happy camper at this moment, though a bit saddened that the Mrs. is on the shelf temporarily. By the way, she got her hand between the bar and the upright, but no major damage. I had the j-hooks too high. It was not a problem re-racking till I got around 600 and the bar started to bend. Thank god for the catch pins. I had 625 on my shoulders for 20 seconds or more between the squat and the attempted re-rack. Lesson to be learned there guys, set those hooks plenty low. I will be using the next lowest setting in the future.

B.

Good job on the PR. Too bad about Mrs. Benchmonster. Buy her
some flowers and tell her how much you appreciate the help.

By the way, is Mrs Benchmonster your lifting partner?

My wife is into body building. She does not fully understand the
need to lift big weights. However, as a lifter, she supports me
100 percent. Her support really helps me. Sounds like you have
a similar situation. :)

Good job on the PR , and sorry to hear about the Mrs. Glad to see you squattin though. And ya know what believe it or not it will help those deadlifts too.

Hey Mrs. Benchmonster, if you are lurking, I would probably expect B to at least spring for a top-of-the-line rose arrangement and dinner, if not jewelry. This is what I would do for my wife in a similar situation.

Hey BM, just trying to help.

:)

I appreciate the help Arioch. And you can go straight back where you claim to be from.

Believe it or not, she thought I was a little bit less than sensitive when I continued my workout after her injury. I was not probably Alan Alda sensitive, but I did stop for a few minutes to check and make sure nothing was broken, but I did promptly resume my workout, doing reverse hypers, band hamstrings, abs, and biceps.

It was a cold bed for benchmonster last night. I think I may need to get some flowers before I go home tonight. Good idea.

B.

Damn good box squat, Bnechmonster! You need to keep on, keeping on with your lower body workouts. I'm telling you that a 800 - 600 - 600 is in your future. 2,000 lb. total at 242. Don't give up on it. We need to try to get a lower body workout in one of these days. I know BigOkie wants to hit some lower body workouts.

Top Bottom