Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you train West Side style while practicing with a bench shirt?

Power Factor

I going to start training west side style for my competition, but I just ordered my first bench shirt. My question is, how do train west side style while trying to get used to my bench shirt? Should I change my workout a couple of weeks before the competition to go heavy on flat bench to get used to the shirt? Or should I use the shirt on my ME days while doing heavy floor presses (or whatever I do as my main bench exercise)? Thanks for the help.

I like to throw my shirt on at the end of my speed sets. I only go up to and never over my opener. I take 2 to 3 singles for abotu 4 weeks before a meet.

I occasionally put on a shirt after speed work on sundays, and I throw in a full shirt session on occasion on M.E. day, but not more than once per month.

B

What I have seen is westsidestyle lifters set a ME day for benching with shirts. Everyone does a flat and pyramids up like regular ME day and when the weight starts getting heavy, the shirts are put on right in the middle of the ME workout and then everyone goes up from there, I have also seen it done after a few speed sets, but it was a few instaed of the normal 8 to 10

Top Bottom