Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dumbell Squats (Dumbell Deadlifts?)

What are the benefits of bar squats over dumbell ones?
is there such thing as dumbell deadlifts?
i personally like dumbells better for all my excercises, pretty much due causethe left side of my body is slightly weaker, naturally, so i could do bar excersices but i have a hard time and i was recommended not to do so, cause i'd have a more symetrical growth even if this does not make much sense?
can anyone help?

thanks

Gerardo *

I have never heard of dumbbell squats or deads. Sounds like a modified exercise for women. Stick to barbell.

They are hard. Do them after squats...I've done them for an event on event day before for reps.

B True

You will never be able to use the same amount of weight, which equals less growth, if you use dumbells for those exercises. Most people naturally have one side stronger than the other, even Arnold had one arm bigger than the other, you can do some specialized dumbell work after the heavy bar exercises, to bring up your weak side, but I wouldn't rely on them for much growth

dumbbell deadlifts are performed exactly the same as reg deadlifts, except that you don't have to lean as far forword to get the bar around your knees. Its good if you have some low back troubles, or as a finishing exercise after all your heavy work. Dumbbell squats are good for the same reason. Also the weight is in a different location so it changes the path of resistance, thus moving the stress location. Give them a try and see how they feel. I agree that you can't get the mass growth response from them though, can't move as much weight.

How can they hurt? I would not trade them for doing squats though. If you really want to train them hard...load up some ez curl bars to about 200lbs each...or whatever...and go for a walk with them.

Louie Simmons does a few exercises that simulate dbell squats...they do them after squats.

B True

Top Bottom