Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

DL weakness

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
what does that mean when your weakest portion of the deadlift is the eccentric phase ?

ie I can pull easily some weight but the way down is precarious (especially for the back - upper back rounding)

super_rice said:
the deadlift is not really supposed to have an eccentric portion

No, but this weakness prevents me from lifting BIGGER weight

Check my reply on the powerlifting log Anthrax. Just drop the weight...literally.

We have metal plates....I still drop them....It's not like I am throwing them down or letting them go uneven. That is what the mats are for. Maybe I am at a liberal gym or something, but when the owners see us doing it they don't complain.

In commercial gyms they make money with chicks who hire a PT and the newbies who come 1 month and no longer use their 1 or 2 years membership

So anything who could "scare" them, like big juiced BBers or strong PLers who drop big weights is not good for their business

My suggestion is to not hurt yourself trying to cater to them. If they don't like it, they can always ask you to leave and refund your money, but by all means don't round you back and hurt yourself.

curgeo said:
My suggestion is to not hurt yourself trying to cater to them. If they don't like it, they can always ask you to leave and refund your money, but by all means don't round you back and hurt yourself.
Right

So, when do you drop the weight ?
Just after the lockout
When the BB is at knee level ?

Usually just above knee level. I am not saying to be obnoxious about it, just don't hurt yourself. Train smart and don't compromise your safety.

Top Bottom