Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

BB Rows (Madcow)

I think it should be linked to from within the Training Vault sticky. If we made every useful thread a sticky in its own right, we wouldn't see any non-sticky threads on the first page.

There was lots of good talk about reorganising the stickies the other day in this thread but nobody has put forward any alternatives so far.

Are there any cool videos of real rows being performed?

Those photos in the link on the sticky look very interesting; it's amazing how simple that is/looks, yet I've never done rows just that way before...

Wonderful thread. Thanks!

Didn't Guinness post a vid of himself rowing a while back? We need to start a member's vids thread. I don't have anything worth posting myself.

Videos of "real" rowing, eh? :p

Seriously, I think Pendlay/JS rows are one of the few exercises for which nobody has been able to find videos. I've tried, and I'm sure others have as well. Those pics, along with the descriptions here and in the link, should be all you need, though. As long as you're trying to keep your back in the proper position, it's pretty tough to mess them up.

AB, I was thinking about Guinness's vid too, but if I remember correctly, after looking at it, he decided that his back wasn't as low as he thought it should be.

DZLS posted a rowing vid, probably back in March? He was 90degrees to the floor but there wasn't much upper/mid back arching like you're supposed to "try" and do as best you can.

i'll make one of these suckers once I get back to the states

there has been a need for a good Pendlay row video for awhile now. I think I have the technique down pretty well.

and yes, Simian, I'm working on getting that FAQ re-posted

kethnaab said:
there has been a need for a good Pendlay row video for awhile now. I think I have the technique down pretty well.

and yes, Simian, I'm working on getting that FAQ re-posted
lol, thanks.

And thanks in advance for the rows vid.

This was such a Good read i needed to bump it.

I do the rows exactly like this at almost 90Degrees.

I have been corrected by some big guys that im bending too much, and i never listened. Thank god. My back really exploded, since adding these hardcore(3-5rep range).

Next adventure to get stronger in, is the chinup, still suck at them, and my back looks decent. Cant wait to see what strenght i add with just chinups alone.

But i needed to bump this, i asked earlier about the glen pendeley row, and here it is....

Everyone doing BACK today, GIVE THESE A TRY!

Top Bottom