Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

8 weeks westside training program for beginners - resumée

the koala

well,....

the past weekend was the 9th week of the westside program so i was shooting for a new max in the bench press and squat

as my luck has it i caught a minor cold the previous week because of which i left out the last DE squat day in order to save my strength for the 'big day'

two weeks ago (in case anybody remembers my post) i managed an easy 105kgs on the bench, this past weekend i was stuck at 95kgs,.... 97,5kgs shot off the chest but then got stuck there like 10cms off the chest....

i don't know what went wrong, i blame it on the cold and on bad set up (i think my grip was too wide)

my new squat 1rm is 137,5 kgs which is unbelieveable!
i'm sure i could have got 140 but my psyche reminded me how much weight this actually is while i was down in the hole starting to ascend...

so, after 8 weeks of westside:
bench from 82,5 kgs to 95kgs
squat from 120 kgs to 137,5kgs

now i'll relax for the rest of the week, maybe some gpp or med ball exercises and the next week i rerun the program a second time

nice work bro..
colds can play with you when attemtping maxes..you made an increase in 8 weeks and thats what counts..

next round notice what works for you more and what doesnt work and ways to tweak the training to hit your weak points more..

all in all good results

thanks

so far all the hamstring and glute training improved my squat form greatly,
i now manage to sit back better without bending forward too much (i also worked on my hand placement on the bar while squatting)

nevertheless my weakpoints stayed the same,
in the squat it's still the some few centimeters out of the hole, when i get past those the weight just shoots up, no matter if it's 90% oder 100% of my 1rm

for the bench it's still about 10cms off the chest, if it's past there i get the lift

anyways, i'm more than satisfied with my resulst and i'm eager for the second run-trhough

it takes time to fix "weak" points and they may never go away BUT look at it this way while you still may be weak off your chest you are now weak with a heavier weight..thats progress ill take that any day of the week..

if the weights are literally flying up then theyre too light lol
just keep plugging away

It those kinds of sticking points which lead people to forego casual wear at the gym and start to wear shirts and suits.

Very nice progress for a couple of months work.

Top Bottom