Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WSB exercise rotation

I follow slightly modified WSB routine and it has helped break plateaus and has my pr's happily moving again .. regarding B/P:

I rotate the following :

3-board
2-board
Floor presses
Reverse Band presses
(occ 4 board on D/E days for triceps)

I have been spending 3 weeks on each before rotating.. I seem to never hit a P.R or (or come close) until the 3rd week.. at this point I switch exercises (as prescribed).. I havent done this yet but I feel maybe I could benefit from a 4th or 5th week and maybe make some new pr's before switching.. I know the more advaced guys switch weekly.. I s it possible because I am new to WSB (8 mos in) I could maybe benefit by not rotating so frequently and then when P.R's start to wane a little go ahead with more frequent rotation...??
thoughts appreciated
:confused:

I tried to respond to this last night, and the damn storm knocked out the phone line. I hope I can give an inspired answer in the light of day, so here goes.

I don' t know what is up with taking 3 weeks to P.R. I switch every single week, and I PR every single week. I could not go 3 weeks, and I have been westside for 11 months, so I don' t think my extra 3 months experience has a lot to do with it.

I am really confused as to how it is possible to PR on the 3rd week, but not on the first 2. How long have you been weight training? Are you truly going into every M.E. day as if it is a contest? Have you done these exercises enough to be comfortable with the technique?

You probably need to ask Dave Tate over at elitefts.com he is the expert. I have honestly never run across, or even heard of someone with your particular problem. Maybe it would help if you would post exactly the exercise, sets and reps for a 3 week period. I would really like to help you out here.

B.

Out of curiousity how long have you been training? Because if it has not been that long, you may still be learning some of the exercises, and need the extra weeks to improve your skill.

I do not set pr's constantly, especially on pressing exercises, but do it regularly enough.

thanks for the responses...

I would classify myself as an intermediate RE: experience.. Off and on Lifted for over 12 years.... Competitive powelifting in High School then again at age 31 ( I am now 32).. started WSB approx 8-9 mos ago... Best total 1310 in 165 # (Natural for the time being,.. no AAS experience)...

It did take a while to learn WSB movements (4-5 mos)and I am still perfecting them ( I am a stickler for learning the proper technique) and working on them..

I followed mostly BB/ western style training before and I think the hardest thing for me to grasp was the progression of the weights and how much to use (M/E of course) as you move up in your workout that day.. i.e 1x10 bar , 2x5 95 , 1x3 145, (etc.) 3, 3, 3, 3,
1, 1, 1, PR... etc... Many times I would leave to much in reserve,, other times I would already have peaked out my strength/energy before I could get to my PR single or triple or whatever.. After doing 2-3 weeks I had more of a "feel" of where I was at on the "progression" scale.. this may be one reason I pr'd after so much time... I may have had more in me at a previous workout but just didnt "go for it" I will try Tate to see.. Thoughts anyone:confused:

Dude I don't know why u didn't PR with 3 weeks of it or like the first two weeks anyway. You might just wanna try and have less warmups with the weight you use for a 1 rep; example 205X1 215X1 225X1 230X1 235X1(PR), instead of that like 205X1 then 225X1(depending on how it goes up go 235 or say fuck it give it hell and 240)((the weights were just examples too)

Also since the boards weren't up for a while I did some reading over at elitefts and I found somethin out about wetside I didn't know for extra workouts bar movements on DE days and DB movements on ME days. Try switchin up ur workout to that and see how u do.

I do my ME movements for 2 weeks then switch and 6 weeks later I'll do the same one.

I went from a close grip(8weeks ago) grip was 4 inches in b/w my arms(like all fingers were on the smooth part). and I did 235 I came about 2 weeks ago and did them again after 6 weeks and I got 265. I thought that was DAMN good.

So change shit up that's what westside is all about.

Top Bottom