Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Westside Questions?

juice20

I am going to be starting the westside program in a couple of weeks and I have a few questions.First of all I am a bench freak
and I want to get the most strength possible.What exercises have you guys found to work the best,lockouts,floor presses,etc?
Also do you guys prefer 2 or 3 week mini cycles?Last question,
what kinds of strength gains did you guys see when you first
tried the westside program?

Juice20,

I took up westside training 8 months ago, my bench has gone up at least 120 lbs during that time. My squat has gone up about the same, maybe a bit more, and my deadlift has lagged a bit, but still has gone up quite a bit.

For bench assistance, I would recomend changing exercises every two weeks. I like 3 board press, 3 board press with bands, decline benches, overhead pin presses, flat bench dumbells for a rep max, lightened band presses, and rack lockouts. These were listed in no particular order.

For triceps, I like to do a barbell exercise on dynamic day, and a dumbell exercise on max effort day. For example, I will alternate between JM Press, 5 board press, and skullcrushers on dynamic day, and on Max effort day, I will alternate between elbows out tricep extensions, and palms facing triceps extensions.

Hope this helps.

B

Top Bottom