Westside Questions?

Posted: 03-Mar-2002 05:24 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Westside Questions? within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: I am going to be starting the westside program in a couple of weeks and I have a few questions.First of all I am a bench freak and I want to get the most strength possible.What exercises have you guys found to work the best,lockouts,floor presses,etc? Also do you guys prefer 2 or 3 week mini cycles?Last question, what kinds of strength gains di...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Westside Questions?

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Westside Questions?

Old 03-Mar-2002, 05:24 PM   #1

I am going to be starting the westside program in a couple of weeks and I have a few questions.First of all I am a bench freak
and I want to get the most strength possible.What exercises have you guys found to work the best,lockouts,floor presses,etc?
Also do you guys prefer 2 or 3 week mini cycles?Last question,
what kinds of strength gains did you guys see when you first
tried the westside program?
Gallery of juice20  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 03-Mar-2002, 09:56 PM   #2

Juice20,

I took up westside training 8 months ago, my bench has gone up at least 120 lbs during that time. My squat has gone up about the same, maybe a bit more, and my deadlift has lagged a bit, but still has gone up quite a bit.

For bench assistance, I would recomend changing exercises every two weeks. I like 3 board press, 3 board press with bands, decline benches, overhead pin presses, flat bench dumbells for a rep max, lightened band presses, and rack lockouts. These were listed in no particular order.

For triceps, I like to do a barbell exercise on dynamic day, and a dumbell exercise on max effort day. For example, I will alternate between JM Press, 5 board press, and skullcrushers on dynamic day, and on Max effort day, I will alternate between elbows out tricep extensions, and palms facing triceps extensions.

Hope this helps.

B
Gallery of brianmincher  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!