video of calf-ham-glute raises

Posted: 29-May-2002 02:09 AM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about video of calf-ham-glute raises within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: Some people have asked me how to do these so I filmed some today of how we do them. Please note that the video only shows my last set which I think was horrendous form However, the guy going after me I think had pretty good form. Anyone with any observations is welcome to chime in and tell me if I am doing something wrong. ...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

video of calf-ham-glute raises

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Question video of calf-ham-glute raises

Old 29-May-2002, 02:09 AM   #1
United States
Some people have asked me how to do these so I filmed some today of how we do them.

Please note that the video only shows my last set which I think was horrendous form

However, the guy going after me I think had pretty good form.

Anyone with any observations is welcome to chime in and tell me if I am doing something wrong.

http://www.growordie.com/training/vi...glute_calf.wmv

/irish
Gallery of IrishPower  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 29-May-2002, 05:18 PM   #2

The first one looked ok I think. I usually lock my knees when I am down though. (although I might even be doing them wrong)
The second one looked like he was doing some sort of wave with his back as he was comming up. Not sure what was going on there, almost looked painful.
Gallery of epimetheus  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 29-May-2002, 07:32 PM   #3
Cyprus
Gotta get me one of those too...

B True
Gallery of b fold the truth  
Proud Supporter of EliteFitness.com! Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 29-May-2002, 09:41 PM   #4

Your buddies form looks good. You look more like your doing a ballistic hyper of some sort . I think you should move your back plate back futher so you start the movement with your legs in a straighter position and intiate the movement by breaking at the knee first. (is that the "Office Space" sound track? )
Gallery of BigWh1tey  

Old 29-May-2002, 09:47 PM   #5
United States
yes... that was a track from office space. "Down for whatever"

"Pla let's get it on in the living room
Cause he'll turn the party out sayin, "This is MY muthain house"
And y'all gots to go
Through the door
And if you can't find the door
He'll help you with the four-four
Talkin much on the grass
And straight down to blast
I'm still in my p.j.'s
He's in a turtleneck sweater
And we down for whatever"

i should point out that you missed my first few sets where i think my form was better

the funny thing is, i don't really feel them in my hams till i put some weight in my hands (or bands around my head) and thrust myself up.

i will try messing with the back plate as well.

thanks.
/irish
Gallery of IrishPower  

Old 29-May-2002, 10:12 PM   #6

I feel it more in my calfs it seems. Close to about equal, but I think my calfs end up being more sore than my hams.
Gallery of epimetheus