Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

UPDATE!!! My 2nd Strongman Workout!

Night Fly

UPDATE!!! My 2nd StrongWOMAN Workout!

Okay...this was my second workout of the week. I focused mainly on shoulder, but through some chest and tris in there, too. My shoulders were extremely fatigued when I was finished... I feel like I had a really good workout.

What do you all think?

Full clean and Overhead Press: 3 sets of 5 reps (arms were locked out and head was fully underneath bar)

10 X Bar
5 X 95lbs
5 X 115 lbs.
5 X 95 lbs.

Arnold Presses w/ 15 lb dumbbells. Going for reps for 75 sec.

1 X 30
2 X 26
3 X 23

Lateral Raises: 2 sets of 8

12 1/2lb Dumbbells

Bench Press (light): 3 sets of 6

95lbs/set

Dips (some assisted...some not): 3 sets of 8

I had to do some assisted dips because my shoulders were shot after all that. I had a great time in the gym tonight!

Any suggestions or comments?

Last edited:
3 days a week right now, and then I plan on doing events on my fourth day....that won't be for a while, though...

the People's Champ said:
I say do bench before the lateral raiss, other than that, awesome! how much are you deadlifting nowadays?:p

Hey, PC...thanks so much! You are probably right! Let's see....you know...I haven't maxed out on my deadlift in forever. The other day I did 205 on my last set for 8....but that is after not having done deadlifts in about....oh....3 months or longer.

I will keep you updated on that, though. Hopefully they get better. :)

I think at one point, you did 315, right? well, I think we are about at the same point at deads. from my experience, after hitting rock bottom with my normal routine on back day with deads, I started doing sets of 1's, 2's, and 3's. my max went way high, and I had more strength to go since I was doing considerably less sets AND reps of deads, but I didn't want to go any further because I had done like 8 sets of deads. so you might want to look into doing <5 reps when hit a plateau on deads.

There is very litte in common with strongman and gym lifting. Very very little. There is no need to do flat pressing movements for strongman because we focus on incline and overhead movements.

B True

I think you have a good routine except for the dips. Dips can really stress out shoulders and there are a ton of other tricep, delt chest movements that are better and safter such as 2,3,4 board presses, tri extensions, etc.

CytoMel said:
I think you have a good routine except for the dips. Dips can really stress out shoulders and there are a ton of other tricep, delt chest movements that are better and safter such as 2,3,4 board presses, tri extensions, etc.

I will be doing dips one week and close grip presses the next...

I keep my dip reps at about 6-8, so it isn't that taxing on my shoulders.

Top Bottom