Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Update on everybodys Training.

FREAK19

I just wanna know how everybody's training is going for them.
Whats your max rep for the SQ, BP, DL?

FREAK19

Dropped a sofa bed on my foot (i was being rushed though the house and hit my hand on a doorframe and dropped the sofa)

I can walk properly (i think i have fractured something....but my foot is blue and shit,i am using a cane) but standing on 4inch blocks i pulled
10kgs (22lbs) more than the last time i pulled from that low.(about a month ago)

my accessories have all gone up....except my bradford(rainbow) press....i think its time to move back to dumbell raises.

I was stalled on the "floor press" and havent made a PR for about 6 weeks. Finally put 10lbs on it....smoked it easy

Training is going okay. I'm no longer having lower back pumps (holding water) so my lower body training is picking back up. My upper body training (heavy pressing) is hindered by severe tendonitis in my forearms. It comes and goes and I deal with it the best I can.

As far as max reps, I really don't know. I won't know until I compete in a 3-lift meet which will probably be in Sept/Oct. I have a bench meet in early July and I hope to hit at least 475 but really want to surpass the 500 mark. It may need a few more months to hit the 500. If I were to speculate where my squat and deadlift are I would say squatting right at 700 and deadlifting around 650 but these would be in competition and in full gear.

I'm dropping weight pretty quickly and if I lose much more I'm going down to the 275's. I will be a mean, lean, clean, lifting-machine in the 275's.

funny you should ask.....

i wish i had a video but we were alone for speed day.

i dropped the bands out of the speed squat today and just took 50% of projected max for 8 sets, fast. my back was already lit up from this tuesday's ME good morning, but I said the hell with it and went up for some singles afterwards.

well, i got squashed like a bug with 700 on my box, and bent my bar even further when i dropped it off my back. like i said, i wish i had taped today.

am i depressed??? no, actually i am pretty damn happy. i am approaching my best ever box squat (700lbs) and this is AFTER 8 sets of speed.

countdown to meet: 22 days.

will keep everyone posted.

/irish

Freak,

These are basically estimates, because I won't know for absolute sure until my next meet in July with Screwball.

Squat 600-650
Bench 530-550
Deadlift 450ish

Pretty shitty numbers and now you can see why I compete bench only. I may be the world's worst deadlifter, not sure, but close.

Training for bench is going great. Could not be any better. Getting stronger every week, am able to keep weights far heavier than my max in the groove, lockout strength seems to be really good as well. Weighing about 225 at the moment and will lift at 218 or so in July.

B.

Screwball,
Your not gonna max untill the day of the meet? Those are some good numbers even if they are geared up. What kind of equipment do you use for all three?

IrishPower,
What meet are you doing? And what are your goals for the meet?
Good Luck.

FREAK19

Benchmonster,
What meet are you and screwball doing?

No offense but they always say benchers make the worst deadlifters.

freak:

west coast open in oregon. supposedly brent mikesell is gonna be there and try 1100lbs on the squat. should be inspiring.

i wont spout numbers anymore. i've learned that is a bad idea :) my number one goal is to total and not injure myself. this will be my first time back to a 3 lift meet in 5 years.

i consider this my stepping stone back to senior nats!

discussing plans with wife to move to florida in the next 3 years or so. when i move, i am going to open a powerlifting dungeon. my best training partner just did in atlanta. i want to do the same.

dont you guys go moving away on me!

/irish

Well first off I understand why you wont tell everyone your numbers. but anyways good luck. and have fun.

also, i know i dont plan on moving anytime soon. i like it here.

Top Bottom