Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

St Pete Meet???????

Cubanito17

Ok I just found out on another thread that this meet in ST PETE march 16 is only a pause/deadlift meet. I thought it was all 3 lift. I'm going into a meet I know nothing about. So I have some questions for those that know??? I think Jay answered this for me, but i'm asking again #1 Can I weigh in anytime before saturday the day of the meet say like friday morning????? #2 Exactly what do I have to wear for this meet, any type of certain clothes or can I wear whatever I want then if I'm using it throw on my shirt????? #3For my deads can I use this wrap it wraps around my wrist then it has extra wrap that you put around the bar, is this legal for the meet???? #4What time does this thing start saturday morning????#5 Is there a place that I can find other info on the meet, besides what I just asked???

I found my own answers

#1 yes I can earliest friday 5pm-8pm
#2 I have to wear a singlet for bench and deadlift or just for bench spandex bike tights, so i guess i have to go buy a singlet
#3 I stil don't know can someone help, I'm guessing the thing said no exceptions, SOOOO No wraps
#4Starts at noon warmups and rules start at 11
#5 yes, here

http://www.apa-wpa.com/2002GULFCOASTENTRYFORM.html

You can wrap your wirsts with regular wrist wraps but you CANNOT use lifting straps, which is what I thnk you meant. You meant the kind thta help your grip and are made out of canvas or leather or somthing similiar. The only thing that can touch the bar is your bare hands. DL'ing with straps is for bb'ers.

No gloves NO straps only wrist wraps. Order your singlet now because they can be hard to find sometimes. Call inzer and you will have it by fri , do yourself a favor and don't lift in bike shorts.

Its only bench and dead so work on doing some speed deads on your speed day with 50-60%. This will help you get your groove right and get speed up. DO NOT train after Monday at the latest. you will need these 5 days to recover completely. Where are you gonna be stayin. In St.Pete?

Cubanito you can do either bench or deadlift. You dont have to do both if yu dont want too. Just though tyou should know. Do you have all the answers you were looking for. Get there at 10 or so. I will be there early to weigh in, if you wan twe can go eat . My wife and i am not sure who else will be with me, but anyof ya;ll want to eat first let smeet up at actually at 9 am. That we can take an hour to eat and get back in time to chill befor ewarmups.

Sounds good. I just went by 54th ave gym and gave them my $$ to enter. All the guys in there were shirting up and getting ready for the meet. He said as of now there are only 21 presign ups but expects around 70 by the day of the meet. I might actually start to train there after my present membership runs out , its 18 bucks a month and is totally a power gym.

Thanks 1-dawg and yes that's what i meant
Grimm i'm gettin a wrestling singlet i gotta save $$ for other stuff I didn't know just to compete it was gonna be $110. And i'll work on just meet lifts the monday of the meet. like all speed stuff, thanks. Jay thanks i'll be doing both and I'll be there at 9 to go eat with you, THanks that's cool.
We'll start making reservations for a hotel tomm to stay fri,sat,&sun. I'm going with the family(4 of us).

Top Bottom