Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

squat and dead suits

clockwork

how should i incorporate these into my training program? about 7weeks out from my contest and havent used them before. i dont want to try a max in them this close to the meet. pull straps up, leave them down etc?

what about briefs? how should i add these in my training as well? box squats?

i follow westside, just to let you know.

I usually use either briefs or suit w/ straps down while doing box squats. Especially on dynamic day. But since this is your first contest using gear, I would recommend using your suit with the straps up at least two workouts before your contest to get the feel of the groove. You don't have to do a max but you need to feel the straps up to see how it affects your groove on the descent.

Stick the suit on now with the straps up and breifs on and go for a heavy single. It doesn't have to be too haevy but if your like me you'll end up maxing out. Stick all the gear on again with straps up probly 2 or 3 weeks befor the meet just so your still used to it. Wear either the breifs or suit bottom on speed day

ok so when i do box squats throw the suit on straps down. 2 weeks out add the briefs and pull the straps up???

what about when i do speed deadlifts?

thanks again

sorry i forgot to ask, for deadlifting suit im going with the champion. should i go single or double? will be entering an APF meet, best dead is 455.

also for briefs, go with the regular or heavy duty?

I would say put the suit on 4 weeks out or so fo rsquatting leaving the straps down until your last 2 workouts and only last 2 sets. Dont go BIG but feel that suit. It sdifferent.

for Deadlifting champion is perfect if you actually do not have a DEADLIFT suit. Briefs i would wear on both but with deadlifting its different. Getting down to the bar can be tough, and breifs make it worse, along with a suit. Infact my next meet i may wear briefs and only a singlet.

I don't work my deadlift on a regular basis. I haven't pulled since last June. Last night I pulled a nice 585, no gear other than a belt and gave 600 a good ride. That was conventional style. I lift sumo in a meet. I like to train the muscles that pull and save the best for the meet. I know PLJay hasn't pulled in a while and impressed the shit out of me!!!!!!! He pulled a super strong 545 and gave 600 a ride. We rely on the reverse hyper, heavy goodmornings and straight legged deads.

Top Bottom