Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some Arnold Bench Results!

powerlifterjay

Here is what i got so far. As the results come in for the full power meet if ya'll see or hear anyting post it. here is what i got so far.

Scott Menalson wins 753 or something. Just missed 766.
Ryan Kenelly 737?
John Zemmin 705
markus shick 563
Augaust Clark 418 or so.

Bombout are

JM Blakely all over 700lbs
Gary Frank
Tom Manno
Donald Robbins

Rob Fusner tore his pec with 700, Clay Brandenburg tore his pec, George Halbert hurt his pec in the warmup.

This is all by memory so some may be off (kilos) by a pound or two. But as results come in lets get em up!

Damn that sucks, Donald Robbins lifts at my gym, Super Nice Guy, He puts on a lot of local meets and stuff. I hate to see him Bomb. Oh well thats life lol.

Here is a little more. The WPO finals are to day so thoise will come later. here is the rest of the bench that i could get.

Savino 562 @181
Dr Larry Miller Bombed with 480
Tina Reinhart 348 @132 Awesome
Horace Lane Bombed
Joel Toranzo Bombed.

Strong man went like this.

Mark Henry (WWF) 25
Svend Karlson 22
Pfister 21 1/2
Phillipi 20
Bolton 16 Big puller!
Brganimi 16
Gillingham 13
schoonveld 10

There was some heavy ass thing that they had to press, and Kaz announced only 2 men have ever lfited this over there head. It was like a Little tire or something but you press it with both hands. (shows my knowledge of this)! Anyway Mark Henry pressed 3 times! He is a freak!

Then they had to dead lift a hummer but no one could lift it. So they went to the barbell. They used 125 lb plates. They were allowed to use lifting straps to pull with. Mark Henry opend with 825 or so, then Andy Bolton opened with 766 or so. The bar would only hold 885lbs. Mark Henry did attempt 2 with 885lbs and smoked 885 not once but twice! The crowd goes nuts and Henry shouts out "this is my House , i own columbus"! Kaz pretty much declared Henry the winner but andy Bolton was next. He loaded the bar up to the max of 885lbs and pulled not 1 or 2 but 3 freakin reps with 885lbs!

I guess since i cant pull shit i love hearing of pulling stories. I cant physically see how they do it. I wish i could pull like that. Anyway i will get more later.

Seems like a lot of bombs and injuries. Jay in your opinion, is that because they are so close to the edge of what is physically possible, that the margin between a good lift and injury is just so thin?

Congrats to Mendelson, that guy has come on like a house on fire the last 6 or 8 months. I think he won the WPC worlds with like a 738 in the 308's. Fucking animal !!!

Does anyone know if Larry Miller used a double layer or denim shirt or did he stick with the single layer poly IPF gear?

Keep the info. coming guys and congrats to all the competitors.

B.

Actually i take nothing from the bombers. I know what there doing. Someone said alot of bombs were shirts not touching and falling out of groove. I understand were there at, i either go big or dont go at all. Unless your locking out big weight and i mean mid 600's you cant really understand the tightness of there shirts. And the margin for error is very thin. Its either perfect or it doesnt happen at all. I mean if 700lbs hovers 1 inch above your chest that shirt is freakin tight!
But there were a few injuries I have heard Halbert tore his pec, then i hear pulled it. I hope he didnt tear it, i love hearing of shit he does. His lifts motivates me! But one thing for is for sure. Now i aint crying , cause i knwo you have to be invited but dam i would have won the middleweight. Or dam sure took home some money! As i sit here the best middle was 562 at 181 , so i would have won a thousand or 2. And ya knwo what sucks? Is some of these 181 are better lb for lb then alot of 220lbers but Kierans who lifts the most period puts guys at 181 and 242 totally out of the water. I mean you could bench 700 at 242 be ranked number 1 and hold wrold record. Guess what you wont win. Cause some fat 399lber can bench 722 and beat you. Oh well Rules are rules, i just dont know aftyer this years WPO BB for cash how long i can make 220 when needed to. But i will make one prediction if i dont bomb (my new worst fear) and George Halbert doest come in at 220 , i will win this years BB for cash. With or without Kenny Patterson.

Not dissing the bombers in the least. I just wanted to know from someone who has performed at that level what you thought might be behind it, thanks for the reply on that.

I was surprised and dissapointed that you were not invited. I would have liked to have seen you there.

Halbert motivates me as well. The way he blows away records is unreal. Looking at his lifts in the 198's and the 220's recently, he beat the old records by like 50 lbs. That is almost like someone running a 9.4 hundred meters or long jumping 32 feet. Hopefully he just pulled it.

B

Brian i didnt mean to imply you were dissing them at all. I just said that cause after my last meet I learned alot with my bomb. I took it kinda ...not bad, but it was like i was in shock for a couple days. But the 2 meets before my last (the bomb) i came close to bombing. Hell i will be surprised if i get one in on March 16th! But hearing those guys bombing i dont htink to my self they cant do it, cause i think i was thinking that about myself when i bombed. Have you ever bombed? I mean you can go light and get one in but who if you miss the other 2 who really gives a shit. To me i feel like i bomb whne i did that shit too. Honestly i am so nervous about march , becasue i am scared i am gonna bomb again. Cause of shirt problems. Everything will lockout , but will it go down correctly.

This year i will do everything possible to be seen to be invited to that show next year. I wish Scott Taylor held that shit cause i would have been there!

Speaking of Scott Taylor he is a great promotr. If your area has a decent amount of lifters and you could help get one going he would probably go there to sanction it for you. If its a big turnout you could have open class meets more often.

I will post when i get info on the full power meet today.

Keene vs. Patterson...

PLJay,

What is Patterson's best bench in the 220's? I think it's in the mid 600's, isn't it? What kind of projected max range do you think you can hit if you dropped down to the 220's? That would be awesome if you went head to head with Patterson and Voeghelpool (?) in the 220's.

- Screwball

What i am getting now and what i will get then will be different. Last year for that event i dropped to the 220's, but the WPO has a 48 hr weigh in. So again i will take advantage with that and i mean extreme. I plan to weigh 220 for that show then actually trying to lift closer to 250 48hrs later at this yearBB. As of now i hav eno trouble locking out anything loaded on the freakin bar. I have done 660lbs but couldnt get the shirt the last 1 or so inches down. His best is 683 at 220 i believe. So who knows. Alot of wishful thinking on my side. But deep down i think i will really hit some big numbers this year. I got my 660 on tape and its fast too! Stronger tris, tighter shirt , then who knows.

As far as three lifting forget it. I will go big there (for me) , but not at 220 just 242. But no where near them. Remeber my pulling problem? Yes it sucks, so I will take this year and gain full power meet experience and learn to squat under pressure. Was thinking of getting arm extensions for my pull! What do ya think?

Top Bottom