Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Second DL workout in a suit

My callous craters are filling in quite nicely now... I have heard to keep them sanded off but nobody on this board has suggested this .. what do you think??
Until then wrap and adapt

Skizac, this is how I treat my callouses. About once a week after I take a shower (skin softens) I take a razor blade and shave off the top layers of the callouses on palms of my hands. Don't go so deep that you draw blood. Just take off the very top layers. The reason you want to minimize the size or thickness of your callouses is because they act as agents to tearing a callous. They are like a small stone between the layers of skin and if you apply too much pressure the callous will tear the softer tissue surrounding it. I don't pull too often but I haven't torn a callous in years either. Good luck!

Skizac, that is a really good pull. Thanks for posting your
experience with the suit. This information has sold me on
the DL suit. I will be ordering a Titan suit soon.

I pulled 615 with only a belt just before I started WS. I want
to pull a 3 pound of DL to 1 pound of body weight in my first
meet. Looks like the suit will be the ticket.

With respect to the callouses on my hands, every week or
so I peel off as much of the dead skin as possible. I have
never torn a callous. Hope this helps.

That would be sweet Geno_O!! I have my first sanctioned meet in 2 weeks an plan to hit a 3xbw dead. I am much smaller than you though, so not quite as impressive. I tried pulling in the suit today, not a max, but pretty heavy and it still feels a bit weird to me. I may go in a singlet at this meet. Not too sure yet.

Top Bottom