Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Powerlifting vs BodyBuilding

What do you prefer

• Powerlifting Style Routines

Votes: 103 72.0%
  • Bodybuilding Style Routines

Votes: 40 28.0%

• Total voters

st8grad

Bill Starr says bodybuilding is a waste of time and that working out each muscle group once per week is not based on science.

Omega says that powerlifting is ignorant and destructive. I hate to throw Omega into this because I don't know him and don't know his full position on this.

Bill Starr's full position has been published fully so it is what it is.

The WL forum does seem to be dominated with PL-ers and the AAS forum with BB-ers.

If it is possible, it would be great to read the pro's and con's of each. With at least a little intelligent thought.

Assuming that we all are looking for:

Increased strength
Better performance/health etc
Bigger muscles/better looking body.

For this discussion lets assume that most powerlifters aren't fat and the most bodybuilders don't do pinky extended reverse curls with 5 pounds for 3000 reps.

One trains for functional strength and one trains for aesthetics. It's a matter of priority. Sorry for the lack of intelligent thought but I don't think it's any more complicated than this.

Power lifting is the definite clear way to go if your looking for the fastest Muscle growth, the biggest strength base and looking overall huge, maby not ripped but huge.

Increased strength: Definitely Powerlifting will increase faster.

Better performance/health etc: Again Powerlifting will increase performance faster.

Bigger muscles/better looking body: Powerlifting for bigger muscles, but for a better looking body it depends on what you think looks better, if you like the sickly lean bodybuilder look then go with that, but if you really dig the huge look then go with powerlifting.

If you are simply comparing the weightlifting board vs the A A S board there is one major difference. Most of the people here can still get results training naturally, learned they simply need to eat more, and have good results from programming their training. BB is too subjective for my tastes.

I managed to get over 210lbs from 145lbs by following advice of guys on this board, not necissarily "power-lifters" but good solid advice on following compound movements. Most guys on the A A S board start juicing at 175 or so because their training "needs a boost." Hell, there was just a post yesterday about a guy weighing 154lbs wanting to juice.

The routines from here were a great start. Now I know how to train properly, and my coach fills me in on what I need to work on for snatch/c+j.

Increased strength - POWERLIFTING
Better performance/health - POWERLIFTING
Bigger muscles/better looking body - BODYBUILDING

Top Bottom