Power Training Diet

Posted: 01-Mar-2002 07:13 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Power Training Diet within the Strongman & Power Lifting category.

Excerpt: Im in the power phase of my workout, doing really low reps and alot of sets. (1-5) This is my first powerphase, and I dont know what to expect going into it. But it seems after my first, (and i've heard this is what to expect) i dont feel the same wear or burn that i do after a building phase workout. Do I need to eat the same ammount of protie...

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Power Training Diet

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Power Training Diet

Old 01-Mar-2002, 07:13 PM   #1
Canada
Im in the power phase of my workout, doing really low reps and alot of sets.
(1-5)
This is my first powerphase, and I dont know what to expect going into it. But it seems after my first, (and i've heard this is what to expect) i dont feel the same wear or burn that i do after a building phase workout. Do I need to eat the same ammount of protien to recover and improve, what should i be eating to make for an effetive powerphase. I have to keep my weight low, so i can;t eat alot of starchy carbs etc.
Gallery of ThePolishHammer  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 01-Mar-2002, 11:13 PM   #2

Hmmm...can't exactly help you out..

But iam Polish too...

And i love it.
Gallery of Sebass67  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 01-Mar-2002, 11:47 PM   #3

Hey, well i'm not sure if I fully understand the concept of your question, but if you're powerlifting then you really don't care about what you eat so eat whatever you see or want. A good thing to keep in mind along with this is eat 1g/protein per lb to keep a good solid muscle base. And don't worry about your carb intake as long as your always full. That's how you get stronger.
Gallery of Cubanito17  

Question

Old 02-Mar-2002, 11:21 AM   #4

Need more details! Are you training for a contest? Are you training the old progressive routine with low weight/high reps building up to high weight/low reps? Are you training for powerlifting or bodybuilding?
Gallery of jimmydean  

rephrase

Old 02-Mar-2002, 12:45 PM   #5
Canada
Sorry, I wasnt very clear.
What i ment was, Do i need to keep up the same protien intakes(1.5g's/lb is what i do) i used in my building phase to make progress in my power phase.
Im training for powerlifting over bodybuilding in this phase. Im trying to keep my weight gains to a minimum, or absolute zero if possible.
Im training with very low reps right now, pyramiding 5-1
Gallery of ThePolishHammer  

Old 02-Mar-2002, 01:26 PM   #6

If you eat the same way yoiu were in the bodybuilding phase and you wern't gaining any weight then , then just eat the same way as long as you keep you protien up like it is.
Gallery of GRIMMER