Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ME Lower body

bigokie

Couldn't post for about 10 days so here's a little update.

I've switched from doing a ME and DYN day every week. I am now doing two ME days a week. On Monday and Friday. I've figured out that I cannot do them very well. I've never really heard of anyone doing this and was wondering what people thought? So far it seems okay. This is just my first week of doing this so I'll know in about three weeks whether or not this will work.

Set a new PR on rack pulls. I was pulling from a little above knee level. I worked up and pulled 675, with straps. I thought I would nail 765 but couldn't. Dropped down to 725, couldn't get it. Then back to 675 again, barely got it. It went up real easy the first time, but I couldn't repeat it. This is about 200# more than I can pull from the floor, so I am a little confused. What muscles get the weight off the floor? I was thinking hips and glutes, because I have heard that hamstrings and glutes are what help you lock it out. Anybody know for sure?

Found a new exercise. I was doing pullthroughs with a green band. I had one wrapped around the squat rack. Since I had just completed dyn squats, I still had the other one sitting on the floor. I remembered a picture of Louis Simmons doing belt squats with a band wrapped through his belt. So I figured I could use this for pullthroughs. I doubled the band and put it through my belt. Then I sat down and put the loops around each foot. Then stood up and did pullthroughs with the one attached to the squat rack. These were killers. I only got like 12. During the entire set I had to fight hard to keep from falling over. Then I tried to do them again, this time I put the band around my shoulders like when you do banded gm's. These too hurt like hell. My back and hips and hamstrings all hurt, bad. Just thought I would throw these out in case you guys haven't tried them. I figure on doing them with the low pulley, because my low pulley only goes to 150. I figured that the combination of the band and the pulley would really fry the hips and posterior chain.

Sorry about the long post. Just thought I'd spread some ideas to you guys, in case you haven't tried these. They really seem to work, my back and hams were sore all week long.

I decided to do two ME days per week (one squat/ one dL), too. My last ME day was rack pulls with the plates 5" off the ground. Worked up to a 505 triple and called it quits. Then went to reverse hypers for heavy weight, pulldown abs and seated band leg curls. All 3x8-10 sets for assistance. My hands were bleeding, man. Anyway, my hams are starting to get freaky and my lower back was fried. I can't wait to get my glute-ham bench.

I love the GHR bench at our gym. I wish I had a reverse hyper, I'll hopefully have one by the end of the year. The GHR is a killer, it really hits my hams. But now I've built them to the point where they are no longer my weak link. Now I believe it's my hips, so I've started working on them. There is just not much to do for them.

In my program I'm doing a squat/gm one day and a pull the other day. I figured this would be the best way to split them. I'll let everyone know in few weeks how I think it works.

bigokie said:
Now I believe it's my hips, so I've started working on them. There is just not much to do for them.

What have you been doing for them?

Ultra wide belt squats, wide sumos, pullthroughs. I'm gonna start doing kneeling squats and more sumos. I am also gonna start doing hip abductor and adductor training with bands. Am I leaving anything out?

The reverse hyper kicks major bootay. I bought the standard so I could break it down and take it to and from my apt at school and basement at home. I've found that by weighting down the front with a plate+DBs, I can put on over 200lbs and it won't tip. It has made a big difference in my lower back/hamstrings. I've only used the wide strap twice, but it made my hips so sore I looked like c3po trying to walk the next day. You will really like it once you hop on one.

I don't like doing speed box squats, never have. That's why I do a DL day and a Squat day. I am just now able to start going heavy again. My manta ray will finally get some use on squat day now that my pec is messed up.

bigokie said:
Ultra wide belt squats, wide sumos, pullthroughs. I'm gonna start doing kneeling squats and more sumos. I am also gonna start doing hip abductor and adductor training with bands. Am I leaving anything out?

Spread eagle situps is about the only other thing. To make it more difficult hold a medicine ball overhead...you can even add a throw to it if you want.

bigokie,

you are you still doing a dynamic day, or did you replace it with your 2nd ME day?

The only bad thing about doing two ME days that I can think of, is that you have a higher chance for injury

After reading your post I thing I will try those excercises with bands

Jager

Top Bottom